1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems multiplexing xvid

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Stygma, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Stygma

Stygma Member

Hi,

I've beed using the DVD to Xvid guide on this site, and am upto the last step multiplexing the audio/video using Virtualdub mod. This guide shows an audio drop-down menu, however I do not have this option. The version of this program I'm using is 1.5.10.2 which I downloaded from this site. Is there something I'm missing? or do I need a different version of this program?

I also had a problem when using 2-pass encoding with the output video just being a black screen for the entire movie. I haven't attemted using 2-pass encoding a second time but maybe it will if I try again.

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

If you mean this

[​IMG]

It looks like the audio menu in NanDub (another VirtualDub offshoot) to me. Get it here...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndub/

Maybe the guide needs an edit...

This is the menu bar in VirtualDubMod, which as you can see, does not have an 'audio' option.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. Stygma

Stygma Member

Its the 2nd image you linked that I am talking about. The guide says that its virtualdub mod used for that part of the process, and if I open the audio menu in the regular virtualdub (not mod) its different and does not have AC3 etc as an option under the menu. Also, no audio seems to load in the regular virtualdub when I open the vfapi avi.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I've edited my post while you were posting! I think they meant NanDub, see the link in my edited post.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Early versions of VDubMod had an audio menu, but it made less sense when subtitle support was added, so it became the streams option. If you open the streams popup, then you can add audio streams. For AC3 muxing, I would suggest AVI-Mux GUI myself.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

MeGUI's muxer tool would also work.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007