1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems playing back up blu ray on ps3

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by themorgue, Apr 14, 2011.

1. themorgue

themorgue Member

the problem i'm having is when ever i rip a single layered bluray and then burn it, it works on my ps3! but when it's a dual layered blu ray, i use bd rebuilder to "shrink" just the movie, then burn it using imgburn. it won't play on my ps3. single layer = good to go. dual layer using bd rebuilder = no play. any suggestions?

2. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

I think you might have a issue with the layer break on the dual layer blank discs...It was a pain for me so I just stayed with single layer discs. Try burning with dvdflick...

3. themorgue

themorgue Member

sorry..should've been alittle more specific. i'm trying to "shrink" a dual layered blu-ray to fit a single layered blu-ray. i'm not shrinking it to fit a dvd

4. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

Sorry...Ive never messed with burning TO a BR disc.

5. themorgue

themorgue Member

update :
    i'm having problems playing any blu-ray back-up now. did i download an upgrade from playstation that prevents this?

6. goofybilly

goofybilly Member

In case you want to try with different software I use Bluray to PS3 and I havent had any problems. I am quite happy with it; it costs thirty bucks though - but worth it since I have had no problems.

7. semid13

semid13 Regular member

There are some bluray players that won't playback BD DL disks burnt on PC. I couldn't play my DL disks on my LG HB405SU but my Panasonic BD45GA can play without problem.
    Some DVD players too can't play DVD DL disks burnt on PC. I don't know what's the problem & that's why I don't burn BD DL disks for my customers. Strictly for my own usage.