1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems playing backups-Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by eminem12, Dec 30, 2004.

1. eminem12

eminem12 Member

Ok so i downloaded Simpsons hit and run iso and then burned it with dvd decrypter on a Memorex DVD-R with my HP DVD writer420e but when i try to play it on my modded xbox it says dirty disk and ive tried burning at 1x,2x,and 4x speeds and nothing changes im also having this problem with Burnout 3 can someone help me, is it the brand of dvd's or what??

Thanks in advance
    Nick

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I always say EXTRACT the downloaded iso, and rebuild it. It could be a number of things. Don't just go and burn downloaded isos. See what's on the inside. If it looks legitimate "basic game files," then re-burn it using an xISO program.

Also, try "cold booting," rebooting after you've popped in the game.

3. eminem12

eminem12 Member

I have just discovered that the two games i was having problems with were PAL versions could this be the reason it is saying the dirty disk error??

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Most definitely. PAL cannot be played on a NTSC system without changing the eemprom of your xbox, which you would need Enigmah Video Gameswitch.