1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems playing DVD-r Media on modded XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bigredase, Mar 13, 2004.

1. bigredase

bigredase Member

I got my Xbox modded with and executor modchip. I installed Evolution X as the dashboard but when i try to play games i have backed up on dvd-r media it will not load. Please help. thanks

2. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Which drive do you have? There are 3 kinds phillips, samsung and thomson. If it's the thomson try DVD+R.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  3. bigredase

bigredase Member

I have a phillips drive.
    thanks

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What chip and bios are you using? How are you backing up the game?

5. bigredase

bigredase Member

I am using the executor 2.3. I'm you flash ftp to get the game off of the xbox then using qwix and then burning with nero.
    thanks for the help andy

6. Scot

Scot Regular member

I have a phillips drive. It could be the brand of media that you are using. Make sure to get a dvd with a nice dark purple dye on the dvd. I have a dvd+r/rw burner and Verbatim DVD's are the best brand IMO. It could also be the way that you are creating your .iso. I haven't used qwix so can't help you there. What bios are you running on your chip? What exactally is the game doing? What version of Nero? Does it load at all, DDE, Give a little more info.

7. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What bios are you using? IF you are using an older bios some games won't load. Use xecuter 4979 or higher.

8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

did you click finalise dvd, on NERO?, also did u burn at a nice slow speed? . Media is the most likly problem use one of these
    RITEK DVD-R
    BULPAQ DVD-R ORANGE
    PRINCO DVD-R 2X
    PHILIPS DVD+R(i use these)

also if you are burning a small game i.e unreal championship, you will need to make a dummy file to send the data to the edge of the disk, but REMEBER to rename the dummyfile from dummy.bin INTO abc.bin before you turn it into a iso.

9. clubfalco

clubfalco Member

So you have to fill up the whole dvd-r with data in order for it to work? because i have similar problems as this guy.. although i have the new xenium chip that i just installed and evolutionX, the dashboard runs fine.. when i put the backup in I wait for it to boot to the dash and try to select "play dvd game" but i wont let me choose it.. i dont think it is the media in my case because i installed the samsung 616t dvd in my X.. im gettin so pissed off at it im thinking about throwing it away.. Please someone help

thanks,
    clubfalco