1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems playing

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ejhoefli, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

I have burned about 20 backups of my dvds.....but when i play them they sometimes freeze on the screen....then when i take them out of the dvd player and put them back in they are ok???it is real weird........is this my dvd player or is it the burning speed at which I backup my dvd?? fyi when i shrink the dvd i always put a still image for the extas and any referenced materials, so that the only thing I am copying is the movie and the menu (to save the quailty of the dvd)

also, I can not seem to burn the i-robot.....when I am trying to copy the dvd to my computer using dvdshrink an error pops up saying it is in encrypted...I tried using dvd encryptor planning on using dvdshrink to compress it and then burn it but the same TYPE of error popped up....(sorry i dont have the exact saying of what the error said.....I am sure that the dvd is not scrateched because i tried doing it with different dvds........any ideas on that?

thanks again for the help on this board, I have been reading all ur messages and they have been great!!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r newbies*

Your problem is probably the media your using. What brand is it?

And, for i, Robot it's probably the disc. I did this movie. Rip to HD w/ DVD Decrypter, then used DVD Shrink. You could try using AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2 (you can use the full versions free for 21 days)

3. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

the brand is memorex....is that a bad brand??

It might be the dvd player.....do some burned dvds have problems on old dvds players, maybe if I got a newer dvd player I would see less or no problems concerning the "video" freezing while it is playing....

thanks for the help