1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems..problems..and more problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pmack, Apr 1, 2005.

1. pmack

pmack Member

I'd say im new to burning DVD's, but due to the high volume of coasters I burn, I'm just new to burning them successfully. I have a lite-on DVD +RW SOHW- 802S drive and I use dvd shrink 3.2 and dvd decrypter. I havent been able to burn one single dvd without skips, hiccups, freezes, some burns are worse than others. I first tried TDK DVD+R media...only to find I got a stack of CMC's, so that gave me fifty useless disks, then I tried SONY DVD+R 1-8x and my ps2 doesnt read them. Finally I went to best buy to buy some Fuji's "made in japan" which were Taiyo Yuden's according to DVD Identifier. I tried burning copys of the movie closer and right off the bat it started skipping like crazy, I wasted four YUDENS with no success. I burned them with NERO and DVD Decrypter itself and always at 2.4x...with no multi-tasking on the computer either. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

P.S. I use my brand new "small version" ps2 to play dvd's ..could that be it ??............clueless

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

there is another post here with the same prob ..... and it is probably yopur ps2 ...... borrow .... beg or buy a dvd player and give it a whirl ..... you might be usrprised ...... just by chance .... did you put labels on your dvds? If so take them off and try again.

3. pmack

pmack Member

Yeah I this post came before I put all the coasters in the computer and watched them play flawlessly. I'm 90% sure it's my model 3 playstation that is causing all the problems during playback, guess ill just go out and buy a dvd player.

4. pmack

pmack Member

Oh, and No I havnet put any labels on my dvds