1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems producing an audio file in dvd to avi conversion.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Quietus1, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Quietus1

Quietus1 Member

Hello. I am having a problem converting a ripped dvd to an avi, specifically producing the audio file that will be used in the encoding.

I have used the guide posted here to successfuly convert a DVD to an AVI before, but this time when I get to the step using dvd to avi to produce the wav file and d2v file, the wav file simply won't show up. I have tried every track (1 through 8) and triple checked to make sure I was following the instructions properly. I also verified that the sound was ripped properly from the dvd by opening the vts files with media player classic.

Is there anything I can do about this? Some setting I do not know of, some other program I can try? Or is this one just a bust?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you tried setting DVD2AVI"s audio setting to "Demux All Tracks"??? This will demux every audio track in the Vob files and then you can take the Demuxed AC3 audio file and decode it to Wav useing something like "Headac3he".....

I usually Extract the audio while ripping the DVD as Most Rippers have the Option to Save the Files as seperate M2V Video and AC3 audio files as opposed to Vob files....

3. Quietus1

Quietus1 Member

Thanks! That did the trick.