1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems puttin video on ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by k5onm, Dec 2, 2005.

1. k5onm

k5onm Member

Hi

I have got quicktime pro to convert video files for ipod, and export them through quicktime to ipod settings. but where do they export to? they take ages to export but i don't know where they go and so i can't put them on my ipod...very frustrated!!!!

please help!

2. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

Connect your ipod to PC. Drag the ipod video files you created with Quicktime Pro into your iTunes library, or select 'File -> Add File to Library' and select the encoded movies. Then, load the movies to your iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'.
    You can check QT pro's guide at Lethal's guide or Apple's.
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html

3. artkid

artkid Member

I was also told to use quicktime by a worker at best buy...but I was frustrated and couldn't get it to work either...

But i talked to someone else later, and figured out what to do. Go onto a google search, and type dvd to ipod video converter or something to that effect. There will be many different softwares you can buy...some will have a free download version that will only do 10 min videos, but you have to purchase these video converters on the internet. Once you get one, it's very easy to follow the instructions to convert it.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I would stay away from PQDVD to Ipod convert because the movie quality was poor compared to Videora,PSP video 9, and Xilisoft. Then again your watching a movie on the Ipod, who really cares about picture quality as long as you get the movie converted with "audio" and transferred over to the Ipod successfully without wasting 2hrs of your time like I have with certain movies.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005