1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems ripping and compressing series dvd's (sopranos and sex in the city)

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Dis0wned, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Dis0wned

Dis0wned Guest

Hi....

I am having problems backing up my sopranos and sex in the city dvd's. I am using dvddecrypter and dvd2one. for some reason, it is only pulling one volume from the series. What am I doing wrong or what else do I need to do. If worse comes to worse, I can compress them one by one and then rebuild it with dvdit. I really dont want to do that though.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

You are not doing anything wrong, except using an older version of the software, which does not allow episodal back ups. The new version does, it is called 1.1.1 you can get it from DVD2ONE themselves.

Paul.

3. Dis0wned

Dis0wned Guest

cool... I got it thanks!!

4. Dis0wned

Dis0wned Guest

One more quick question... when I use dvd2one there are 6 titles with 2 chapters each. Must I do each of them individually or just one of them?

5. loaded

Just rip everything in file mode in SmartRipper or DVD DEcrypter and then select Full Disk Mode in DVD2ONE, it will then compress all the files evenly.

You need version 1.1.1

Paul.

6. [Gandalf]

[Gandalf] Member

Now i got a second question:

I wanted to back-up U751 with DVD decrypter and DVD2ONE.... But theres a problem... The movie shows in 2 files on the disk just like a serie does, its just like its split in half and DVD decrypter chooses only one. If i rip them sepertly DVD2ONE (latest version 1.1.1) has the option to burn movie only or complete disk... If i choose movie only it wil only rip the first or 2nd half of the movie. If i select full disc it will give me an error because i havent got all the files obviously. I dont want the whole disc because it is 8Gigs including all extra's. In some kind of way i have to get the 2 parts of the movie together... I know this is possible but how?? Please help me out here fellas.

7. loaded

Just select all the files in file mode with DVD Decrypter (all will turn blue) and then select full disc mode in DVD2ONE.

Then Robert's your father's brother.

Paul.

8. [Gandalf]

[Gandalf] Member

As i wrote this is no option because i dont want 3+ Gigs of extra's... I just want the movie... thnx anyway

9. loaded

Yes you did write that!

I read so many, I sometimes guess the content and there is so much newbie crap out there!

So, here is what you do:

You rip the whole movie with DVD Decrpypter in File Mode

Purchase DVD95COPY from DVD95COPY.com and use their software to *remove* the extras you don't want (or compress them massively!) as DVD2ONE does not have this function.

Then wait 4 hours, for DVD95COPT, whilst flexible is Veeeerrrryyyy sllooowww!

But I like the software very much!

Paul.

:)

10. [Gandalf]

[Gandalf] Member

Then wait 4 hours, for DVD95COPT, whilst flexible is Veeeerrrryyyy sllooowww!

WHOOOOOOOW!!! Well thnx for your advise and i will certainly try it. If someone knows a little less time consuming option your welcome:p

Maybe i can try to use the TV series rip technique....hmmmmz well thnx again Paul

11. loaded

The 4 hours might be an exaggeration, but it is certainly slower than DVD2ONE.

Having said that, it is a little more flexible, allowing the removal of unwanted (and large) foreign language streams and also you could choose say, just the menu, but none of the extras, so you could select each of your titles and have a pretty menu, but not compromise the quality of your main film too much.

You are welcome.

Paul.

12. Watcher

Watcher Member

> so you could select each of your titles and
    > have a pretty menu

But wouldn't this leave you with menu options that have nowhere to go? Not tried it, but I suspect that might lead to a crash if you picked them.

What we really need is some software that would allow you to edit the menus. All I've seen at the moment is clumsy stuff to create your own from scratch.

Watcher

13. loaded

Yes, the menu would point nowhere if the extras had been removed, but I would imagine you would know that ;-)

I have to be honest, I usually just rip and burn the whole disc, for me, quality sound is more important than video and the video is always much better than VCD and usually as good as SVCD or above. I know purists hate me for this, but it is just my opinion :)

Paul.

14. grobemaus

grobemaus Member

Something better to do would be to replace the deleted extra stuff with a small 2-3 sec logo or something. Then even if they did select it, it would say 'removed by' or something. (dvd2one/dvd95copy hint!hint!hint!)

15. stewilky

stewilky Member

I have the latest version dvd2one 1.1.1
    After decrypting a dvd (6.3Gb)I then try dvd2one and this takes the 16 files from my series dvd says processed succesfully, but their are only 14 files in the receiving folder. Tried at least 10 times but still drops the 2 files bot vob files one over 1000000kb and one 360000kb please help going bald fast
    Cheers
    Ste Wilky

16. loaded

But that is the whole point, it is compressing those VOBs, so that you can fit them onto one 4.7GB DVD-R.

That means that you WILL LOSE VOBS, in terms of the number of them, but the whole movie will still play. A VOB file isn't proportional in play time to its size. This is why you reduce the number of them and the movie still plays all the way through. Try it and see :)

Paul.

17. stewilky

stewilky Member

cheers
    The dvd i am backing up is a series (Worzel Gummidge)not for my viewing you understand.
    There being 7 episodes and 7 larger vob files I thought these were 1 episode each.
    Is this not the case?
    Will all seven episodes be available through the menu?
    When I try to play it with power dvd from the hard drive it flicks through the menus without pause and straight to the first episode.
    Still using £2 datawrite so reluctant to just trial burn
    cheers again loaded
    Ste Wilky

18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

When I did BLACKADDER GOES FORTH (5-6GB) using DVD2One v1.11 there were no problems at all!

It was all there , and mores to the point I didn't really notice any loss of quality...which is nice : ]-~

Check it out on a Datasafe Media DVD-RW
    I bought these from http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk at a price of £8:99 for a 10 spindle.

My two pennies worth

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  19. loaded

You probably did not select full disc mode, which is necessary if you want to back up each episode. You can test this with the player on your PC, before burning.

Paul.