1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Ripping DVD movies

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by marg19540, Jul 17, 2007.

1. marg19540

marg19540 Guest

I haven't ripped a movie for quite a while now but decided to do 2 yesterday. No problems with DVD Shrink or Decrypter but when I tried to burn to new disc I encountered a problem with both ISO files. The first one encountered an error only minutes into the burning process but the other one managed to burn over 50 per cent of the movie before this happened. Looks like both movies have been encoded to stop ripping (?). I copied all of both movies should I have just ripped the main movie? Has anyone got any ideas on what may have happened & how I can fix the problem.

2. onya

onya Guest

Dear Marg19540, poor old shrink and decrypter have not been supported or updated in a very long time. They basicaly cannot DECRYPT most newer release movies. Use the following link for FAB-HD-DECRYPTER...

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

This Ripper is updated and free but does not give you all what you might want in the final result, until you PAY FOR IT. The choice is yours. To my way of thinking........go the Slysoft way. It isn't for free either but well worth the investment.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Spend a few bucks and the rewards could be..........

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. marg19540

marg19540 Guest

Thanks very much Onya - will give your recommendation a try - much appreciated.

5. onya

onya Guest

No problem Marg19540, happy to help.

@DDP...Thanks for moving this thread to the correct forum. There are times when we don't see the forest for the trees... :)

Marg19540, howd you go?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem

7. marg19540

marg19540 Guest

Hi Onya

Thanks for your help - I downloaded DVD Fab & ran the 2 ISO files that I had saved to my hard drive through Fab, one of them worked fine but the other one still had problems during the verification stage - haven't had a chance to watch what was burned to the DVD on that one yet. (But at least it has burned the whole movie (I think), anyway a lot further than I got last time!) Then tried the process with another DVD using FAb & it has again worked fine. I only want to copy the occasional DVD so might stick with this for a while & see how I go. But I will keep the link to slysoft (just in case). Once again thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.