1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems ripping/encoding

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kmart, Jul 15, 2002.

1. kmart

kmart Member

I'm having a real problem with this mr. show dvd. I managed to rip the .vob files, but if I try playing them in PowerDVD, it tells me that they are copyrighted and it is illegal to play them from anywhere but the dvd. I tried playing it in WMP but it was garbled.

Then I just went on with the guide, and opened them in DVD2AVI, and when I hit F5 the stats box pops up, but it doesn't say anything in it, and then on the screen there is just this static green garbled image. What's the matter with this shit?

2. kmart

kmart Member

Can't someone help me? This is a very serious problem. DVD2AVI kind of just stalls, and acts really flaky, and can't properly form a wav file from these .vob's. It's really messed up. Plus, WMP and PowerDVD won't play the .vob's properly either, but they both play the DVD itself fine.

Is this some kind of new copy protection like with the CDs? Deliberate errors to fusk things up or something? That's my hunch. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2002
  3. indie665

indie665 Guest

it's probably the way you ripped them. erase the .vobs and rerip them using another ripper. use smartripper with streaming off.

4. kmart

kmart Member

I tried that it still doesn't work.

DVDdecrypter tells me "no devices detected". It won't detect my DVD. Are there any other tools besides smart ripper and dvd decrypter?

5. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

the reason that dvddecrptor is not registering your devices is your aspi layer is not up to date , you need to goto adaptec website and download 4.7.1 or download forceaspi and then it should work

6. kmart

kmart Member

Oh, thanks. It turns out CladDVD does a really great job (where smartripper has failed). Thanks.