1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems shutting down my computer.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kookoo76, Nov 30, 2005.

1. kookoo76

kookoo76 Guest

Can somone smart help me? Each time i choose to turn off my computer by clicking shut off computer, it like takes 15 minutes just to load the screen if i want to shut off or restart, and when i do press shutoff, it takes arround another 15 minutes to shut down.
    I got windows xp
    Computer specs- Processor..Amd 3000+ 2.1ghz but runs at 3-3.2 ghz because its AMD 3000+
    lcd screen hp pavilion f1703
    Brand......HP
    448 MB of Ram
    I got no virus or spyware on my computer. I already scaned multipul times.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2005
  2. kookoo76

kookoo76 Guest

I've found the problem, but i cannot fix it, can somone help me?
    OK..where to start, each time i turn on automanic updates. Arround 10 minutes later, when i try to turn off my computer, it takes like 20 minutes, but my computer should'nt take that long to turn off. When it turnED back on, I tried to see what the problem was,, and i figured out that the automaTic updates was causing the problems. When i clicked Automanic updates on the controll panel, the window crashes. And it takes a very long long time to load. When the windows updates property window appears, I click turn off automanic off windows updates, pressed ok, then it took around 5 minutes for it to actually turn off.(I meen for like the property window to a actually close, it was actually lagging, like when i put another window over it and took it off, it would be all gray) The property window like crashed again. With the automanic updates off, i tried to turn off the computer. It turned off with no problems.
    -I've tried this many times. I've tried to turn off my computer with the updates on, but it just slowed the process down.
    -I've tryed to see if there was an automatic update's icon on Add \Remove problems to see if i can repair it, but i couldnt.
    -I've also got updates from HP running.
    -I got microsoft antispyware and Trend Micro antivirus running on my computer.
    -I've scanned my computer many many times, and there were no viruses.
    -I've tried to troubleshoot, but i couldnt find any related topics.
    THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME.
    -My computer is on a network with nobody. I only have one computer at home.
    -My computer specs are

-AMD 3000+
    WINDOWS XP
    RODGERS LIGHT SPEED INTERNET
    VIA SOMTHING DISPLAY DRIVER.(*G-CARD)
    (NOTE)when automatic updates is off, when i try to turn it on it works fine. When i try to turn it off, it causes major problems.
    i want my computer to work properly. I just can't fix the problems witht he automatic updates.

3. bitchplz

bitchplz Member

Hmm.... if its not letting you turn the automatic updates off, Then why not do the Updates and microsoft will stop bugging u?
    It sounds like windows update is reinstalling the updates everytime you shut down your pc.

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Do every update.

Let them download and install and wait for windows to say:

To complete the installation Windows needs to reboot your system.

Reboot.

Hope that helps

4. Agent56

Agent56 Member

I have had this problem before, chances are that you either have spyware, adware, virus or a faulty motherboard. Also AMD has a reputation for this happening. My advice, either take it back to the manafacturer if it still has warranty. If it doesn't get someone to check it or just try and find the problem in more depth. It could also be overheating!!!