1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by steve8091, Mar 3, 2005.

1. steve8091

steve8091 Member

I'm very new at this, but thus far I have been using DVD Shrink to rip ISO files and DVD Decrypter to burn them. Initially they seemed to work perfectly together, but lately, every other DVD I burn is unplayable. I don't think it has anything to do with the rip, as if I burn the same ISO file twice, often times the second burn works fine.

More specifically, by "unplayable", I mean that I put the DVD into the player, and it is unable to find a track, so it sort of scans back and fourth, and eventually locks up. I've tried them on two different players with the same results.

I realize that DVD (and CD) burning tends to be fickle (software, hardware, media), but I was just wondering if this is a common problem, and if so, what the usual solutions are.

Thanks in advance.

2. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I would look at the media you are using first. If you havent changed anything hardware / software. then I would think media.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. steve8091

steve8091 Member

I actually haven't changed the media either, and they are Ritek, which I hear to be reliable.