1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems using dvd shrink 3.2 and nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ba1ist, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

Hi,

I have an external dvd burner i just purchased and i use it on my hp pavillion ze 4800 laptop. The problem i encounter after shrinking the dvd into the to audio and video folders is when burning with nero. It starts to burn but stops either at 1% or 3%. At first the burner makes the louder noise like it is going to write but then it just kind of idles. The remaining time still counts down but nothing happens. SOmeone please help.

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Did you ever think about encryptions? First on your new drive can you burn data,pictures or music?

3. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

yes. it is a lg supermulti dvd recorder model GSA-E30L. can you help?

4. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

Post the portion of your Nero log file from your last failed DVD burn.

5. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

hey, it doesn't give me an error report. It just stops at like 3% and doesn't move any more, and my dvd burner stops making noise and kind of makes an idle sound like its not writing. could it be the disks? I notices they kind of have a very very thin line on each of them just outside the circle. They are imation dvd-r 8x thanks

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Ok you can burn something,thats a start, now you must know you can't just burn a movie they are full of encryptions you must clean them up and the shrink it to fit on a SL 4.7 disc most new movies are bigger than that so you well get errors trying to burn it. You should download Ripit4me with FixVTS to clean it and use DVD Decrypter or Imageburn to save to disc or ISO file to burn with Nero or Imageburn or DVD Decrypter If you have 39.99 you can use ANYDVD to run in the background to make your PC not see the encryptions then you can just use Dvd Shrink with DVD Decrypter or Imageburn. If this is to much, READ the GUIDES they show you step by step how to set this up. Please don't get pissed off because I said read the Guides I'm not a smart ass. The guides are Great and everybody has spent a lot of time to make them!Do a little homework and post back.

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Oh yea Imations are the worst damn disc knowed to man For Movies use VERBATIM unless you find disc Made in Japan (i cant find disc MIJ)

8. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

One more thing i noticed during the burn process with nero. My buffer bar in the bottom when burning is not filled up at all or showing any percent. There are no green bars. Any suggestions?

9. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

Oh and under my computer it is an DVD-RAM Drive(E:) but it says dvd mult recorder on it and says on the box it can burn dvds. I followed the guides and I do everything write. Please help

10. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

"hey, it doesn't give me an error report."

Nero always generates a log file. It's very useful tool to diagnose burning problems.

C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log

If Shrink made it past the encoding, but Nero is failing on the burning, then it's not an encryption problem, it's a burning problem.

11. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

I can't see a log in that location. I do not have a folder, but i can tell you that during the burn process all it is doing right now is saying under the Action Lead-in Buffer Level has no bars and the recorder state says ready? What is the deal?

12. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I use Nero 6.6 and my NeroHistory.log file is in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log. If you are using Nero 7 then it's probably in: "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\NeroHistory.log". If you can't find it then do a Windows search for "NeroHistory.log"

Looking at Nero's log file is the first place to start to figuring out what is going wrong with failed DVD burns.

13. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Could it be a CD burner DVD Rom ?

14. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

Nope I just returned it and got a sony drx-83oU and i have the same problem. I'm trying to back up the departed and i can shrink it ok but when i goto burn it on nero under dvd-video file it gets to bout 3% then stops. I hit abort because it just stays there and then it just has that bar scrolling and the program is unresponding. I still cannot find my nero log. It came with nero 7 and I am using the nero startsmart. I looked and there is no nerohistory log probably because I get no error message and haven't burned successfully yet.

15. MysticE

MysticE Active member

16. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

"...there is no nerohistory log probably because I get no error message and haven't burned successfully yet."

Try looking here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Ahead\Nero Burning ROM

You've done a Windows search for "NeroHistory.log" file and have come up empty?

The instant Nero gets launched the log file starts getting written to. It's got nothing to do with whether you get error messages or have a successful burn. Once Nero starts, the log file starts. Even if your burn aborts before even 1% burning, NeroHistory.log will still contain data about the burn.

17. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I've got a friend that we went through 3 Samsung burners it would burn about 1/3 of a disc and then make a coaster changed brands of buners (stoped buying out of the same cheap-o bin, not saying you bought a cheap burner, my point is sometimes if you do this buy a different brand it for some reason works out.

18. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

I did buy a different brand. Ok i'll just go over something everythiing now. I have a sony external dvd burner model DRX-830U. I use dvd shrink 3.2. I have tried doing dvd shrink and then burn right away with nero and I have tried burn right away using dvd decrypter. Both times it doesn't progress at all. It says writing leadin and just stays there. I should probably mention I am trying to back up the movie "The Departed" Also I have used dvd shrink to save ts folders and then manually go into nero and create a video-file and add the contents of the video_ts folder and do that. Although it makes it to 3% i do not believe any writing has been done because the burner just says active and writin lead in. Never changes. It then just kind of idles and just "coasts." I hit abort but then in order to get the disk out I have to shut off my computer. Hope someone can help. I'm desperate. I guess I will try an older dvd to see if that works but I don't think this is the issue considering the dvd shrinked ok. Thanks for all the advice this far but I hope there is a patch or something I can change to fix this. Oh yeah, I'm connected usb to my hp pavilion ze4800 laptop i bought about 2.5 years ago.

19. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If this is a new movie you must get past the encryptions You need Ripit4me with FixVTS and DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink you can't just shrink and burn. AD has some Great Guides on this . Can you burn data pictures or music to a DVD disc ?

20. Ba1ist

Ba1ist Member

Yeah i thought that but I just did a trial run with a copy of caddyshack that I got like 3 years ago. Same problem. Won't burn! please help