1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems w/MPEG2 encoding. Bad interlacing artifacts...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nitelife, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Minion

Minion Senior member

In My Book there are only 4 encoders that Produce high enough quality to make them worth useing and they are :
    Tmpgenc Plus 2.521
    MainConcept Encoder 1.4
    Canopus Procoder 1.5
    CinemaCraft Encoder 2.67

But the Fastest and Highest Quality of these Encoders is CinemaCraft encoder 2.67 and it should be with a $2000 Price tag but it is also the Most difficult encoder to use because it has no Filters to use for resizeing or noise filtering or deinterlaceing or any filters really at all so to use it correctly you usually have to frameserve your source files to it useing AVISynth or Virtual-Dub, But the Quality is Awesome especially when useing Low Bitrates and it is the only encoder that supports up to 9 Pass VBR encodeing and the encodeing speed is very fast ..I can encode at 2 Hour Movie to DVD useing AVISynth to frameserve and useing some filters in Under an Hour at full D1 resolution on my P-4 2.53ghz OC to 2.8ghz....Cheers