1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with aladdin modchip and installing evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TehSmart, Dec 30, 2004.

1. TehSmart

TehSmart Member

I am new to modding consoles. I bought an aladdin live modchip and installed it as the instructions told me to. I have a friend who has already installed a modchip, and he said the next step was to install a dashboard. So I got evox, put it on a CD-RW, put it in the disk drive, and started the xbox, (with modchip on). it booted with the special different video because of the modchip, but it then just went to the normnal xbox dashboard, where it told me i have a bad disk. Recently I was told that I dont want to put this on my original hard drive anyways, do I installed a new maxtor 80 GB one, put the disk in and started the xbox (with the modchip on) this time it didnt go to the original xbox dashboard or the evox one. It just gave me error 13. Help please. thanks.

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Have you flashed your modchip with a BIOS yet? Do you know how to boot to the BIOS on your modchip?

3. TehSmart

TehSmart Member

I had thought that the chip was preflashed. I have absolutely no idea how to boot to the bios on the modchip.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Usually, modchip comes with cromwell in it. You need to flash it with the bios of your choice, the one that can boot Slayer or other dash installer. ASk your seller if they did pre-flash anything in your chip. If not, you need a flash programmer..