1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with audio encoding (VirtualDub/tmpgenc)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Drag0n, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Drag0n

Drag0n Member

I have a movie that has AC3 audio and I need to convert the movie to vcd, however tmpgenc gives me an error when I try to open the file. After browsing the site I found out some help in user submited guides section. According to info there I need to encode the audio with VirtualDub to uncompressed, but when I try to do that VirtualDub tells me it cant find the audio decompressor allthough I have the codec installed according to gspot. I have heard that VirtualDubMod can handle AC3 audio better, but I have problem using it as it doesn't have an Audio menu like normal VirtualDub has. If someone could tell me how to get this encoded with tmpgenc I would appreciate it very much.

I also read the DivX to VCD guide that has instructions for encoding AC3, but as the guide seems to be outdated (no Audio menu in VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1) I have problem following it.

EDIT: Sorry if this went to wrong forum, I wasn't sure whether to post it here or VCD/SVCD forum.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

VirtualDUB doesnt support ac3 audio, VirtualDUBMOD does though! TMPGEnc doesnt support ac3 either, I would use DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc if i were you so that way BeSweet would encode the audio and TMPGEnc would encode the video then bbMPEG will multiplex them to one file!

3. Drag0n

Drag0n Member

Thank you for replying. I would use DVD2SVCD but it doesn't work properly for me, allthough I have copied the settings from some guides. It just always crashes or gives an error in some point.
    I have been able to extract the audio with VirtualDubMod and encode it with BeSweet since my first post, now I must encode the video, join the audio and video and see if I got it right.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003