1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with AVG and viruses

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by locoland, Jun 11, 2007.

1. locoland

locoland Member

Hey, im new to all of this and was wondering if anyone could help.
    AVG detected a 'threat' whilst i was on the internet, and i clicked heal, but the operation failed so i put it into "virus vault".
    What does this mean?
    When i went into the AVG control centre and looked in the vault it showed two viruses:
    1)exp1[1].htm
    2)exp2[2].htm/

when i look at the details of each of these it says they are 'healable' but each time i try to heal them, it says 'action failed. error while handling file'.

So can anyone explain to me what this all means? are these viruses just suppose to sit in the vault forever? is there any way of getting rid of them and is it a threat to my computer?
    Also, i have a wireless network which is shared with 5 other people, will their computers be affected as well?

If anyone could explain anything to me that'd be great,
    thanks

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

nothing serious try to clear all internet history and run free disk space from control panel that should get rid of it