1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with burned games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Dodger2k5, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Dodger2k5

Dodger2k5 Guest

I get my games off bit torrent and most of them doesn't work after i burned them. I get dirty/damaged disc error in game. For example i can't play Amped 2, DoA Ultimate Doom 3 and latest splinter cell. Doom 3 and SC plays all intro movies...no way to skip then black screen with dirty/damaged error.

I burn at 1x using dvd decrypter :\ memorex dvd-r and thomson drive.

Im going to try to back them up on hd with dvd2xbox now.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Try to ditch the junk memorex discs. I never liked them, dunno how reliable they are with the Thompson drive, but I'm like 50/50 with those on my Samsung.

If it doesn't work from HDD, patch the xbe and see if that helps.

3. davester8

davester8 Member

hey dodger, i have also downloaded xbox games in the form of torrent, however once i have extracted with winrar i am left with another winrar which will not open, im sure this isnt a winrar file even tho it calls itself one, plz cud u tell me how u go about puttin it on to a disk which is then readable with a a modded xbox? cheers dude and sorry for imosin on ur question!

4. joschez

joschez Regular member

5. Dodger2k5

Dodger2k5 Guest

Lol, n00bs.

How the hell do i burn dvd9 games? they way too big for a normal dvd! craxtion can only read the iso,i couldn't remove the other languages files with it.

6. vixen76

vixen76 Member

my suggestion is to use craxtion to extract the files from ur ISO then delete the unneeded files and then create another ISO.. If you don't know what files to delete then I got to

http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/index.php?page=nodel

Let me know if you need any more info...

7. joschez

joschez Regular member

Dodger2k5, What game are you trying to burn? here is a list of the extra files that you could delete to make it fit into a DVD5 http://www.balugabutt.com/

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  8. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Sounds like you have WinRAR associated with ISO files. Thats a no no.. check your settings in WinRAR (options -> settings -> integration), make sure ISO is not checked.