1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with colours when printing??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sandisk, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hey guy's a problem here that you's might have some suggestions on.

Basically I have a hp 1317 all in one printer and for the past 4 or 5 months I have been refilling the cartridges without any problems.

2 weeks ago while I was refilling, I over filled the yellow and a very small mount of the yellow went into the red hole.

I continued using that cartridge but when I had to refill it again last week, all the things that I was printing that was the colour red was coming out yellow.

Straight away i disposed of the cartridge and bought a new hp colour 28 cartridge.

Today I got the msg that the printer was low on ink so I re-filled the new cartridge as I usually would with red in the top hole, yellow in the left 2 holes and blue in the two right holes.

As I normally do, I printed out a few dvd covers just to get the ink right but once again I noticed all the things that should be printing out red are printing out yellow.

I've ran the printer cleaner many times, I've let the cartridge sit for a couple of hours and I also put the cartridge under hot water for a couple of seconds but still no luck with this.

Any of you guy's got any suggestions on this ?

Thanks
    Sandisk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.