1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with differnt programs

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by norris21, Jan 9, 2008.

1. norris21

norris21 Member

hi all. i was wondering if anyone could help me. i've read a load of different forums and stuff but still cant find the best solution. i have a dvd collection which i own and want to store them on a hard drive. i got a few differnt programs and the best one was acala ripper. the problem with this was i could not get the right aspect ratio . either the bars where on top or at the side or differnt stuff (audio). i went down the road of dvd shrink and autogk but was just wondering does anybody have a more simpler all in one program. i want the dvds to shrink to around 800m.

thanks for all your help

2. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Why not just rip them to DivX? It'll compress them so their nice and small (typically around 700mb for most feature-length films) while giving you good backup-quality videos.

First off, you'll need a good DVD Ripper.
    Try something like #1 DVD Ripper, Xilisoft DVD Ripper, or Smartripper all of those can rip to DivX.

Secondly, you need a high-quality DivX codec to make sure it compresses and encodes your DVD's accurately.
    I recommend you download K-Lite Codec Pack here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Compact, high-quality codec pack that lets you play and convert around 98% of video formats out there.

Hope this helps..