1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zany, Apr 10, 2004.

1. zany

zany Member

Hi, im copying DVD's with DVD shrink then burning the image with nero. They all turn out fine and work perfectly when I watch them with PowerDVD on the PC, but when i watch them on the home DVD player i experience jerky playback and most of the time complete stoppage. This usually happens 3/4 into the movie. I try to jump to the next scene but still nothing. I looked through the rently posted threads and found similar Qs but they have not been answered...Can anybody help

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What media are you using? Skipping/stopping usually happens with poor media.

3. jdaems

jdaems Member

I think I'm having the same problem. The movie starts on my DVD player and after three minutes of movie, it starts all over again. So it seems to be in some kind of loop.

4. ellizit

ellizit Guest

if this skipping/stopping happens close to the end of the movie, the reason might be that the data is beng burned close to the edge of the disc, causing problems. You can set the total disc size that shrink uses. I set mine to 4400 mb (under Edit > Preferences). Hope that helps!

5. zany

zany Member

I just started to do that and it seems to have done the trick .....THANKS ANYWAY...I think it was a mixture between cheap media and writing to close to the edge