1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by craney, Jun 28, 2003.

1. craney

craney Member

I currently have a Dell 8200, 40 GB. 1.4 GHz; Sony DRX-510UL External Burner; and Sony DVP-NS715P DVD Player.

I used DVD XCopy to backup a dvd, using Memorex +R. The burn was successful. However, my dvd player will not recognize the dvdr. I am able to watch the movie in my dvd burner though. I have read threads where others have played these dvdrs on this player. Any thoughts?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I also have a Sony stand alone player & you're right it'll play almost everything
    I would say at this point that DVD-R is more compatible w/ most DVD stand alone players & seeing as you have a dual-format burner I'd suggest buying a pack of Ritek G03 DVD-R & checking it out again..
    By the way , I dont think the best back up procedure even includes DVDXCopy

My Method:
    DVD Decrypter 3.1.6 (free d/l)
    DVD2One ( http://www.dvd2one.com )
    Nero

or
    DVD Shrink 2.3 (free d/l)
    Nero

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003
  3. craney

craney Member

Still no success. When using Memored DVD +D, DVDXCopy says my burn is successful. However, when playing in the Sony stand alone, I can hear the disc spinning, and I eventually receive a "cannot play this disc" message.

I have also tried Fujifilm -R and Imatation -R. DVDXCopy will not let me burn with these discs. First, after copying backup, when I place either of these discs in the drive, it reads that they are Audio CDs as well as Blank DVD -R. But when I try to burn, it is always unsuccessful. I get a message saying, "Write operation was not successful. Command sequence error reported by DVD recorder. Driver error code = 02052C00h. The disc is not successfully recorded." Following this, it states "invalid SCSI command sequence." I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or it is the burner or program, or maybe all three. Any thoughts?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try posting in the DVDX forum as well, they would be better placed to help you.

Chris

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member