1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with encoding

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rudeboi, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

hello...well i put this file .avi file into my TMOGEnc and it wasn't supported so i put it into AVIcodec and it says my video wasn't supported...and it said my video was XVID MPEG-4....can anyone help me because i want to put it on a DVD.

p.s...this is what AVIcodec exactly said... Video : 305 MB, 738 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 512*384 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Unsupported.....please help me!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First you should Make sure you have the XviD Codec installed because without it you won"t be doing any encodeing of XviD files to Mpeg...

Also when useing Tmpgenc to Encode you should allways decompress the audio in the AVI file because Tmpgenc doesn"t like Compressed audio..If you PM me with your e-mail address I will send you a Little tool that will decompress the audio in your AVI file....

Cheers

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If the AVI has, for example, AC3 audio, TMPGenc 'Audio input' line on the main scren will remain blank. Anyway, you can also use BeSweet (+ BeSweet GUI: load it from http://dspguru.doom9.net/ )choosing 'MP2 for SVCD' as profile to convert .AC3 --> .MP2. The audio stream can be extracted by de-multiplexing (File__MPEG Tools with TMPGenc), demuxing (Stream__Stream List__Demux with VirtualDubMod) or doing File___Save WAW... with VirtualDub.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Actually You can easilly get Tmpgenc to encode AVI files with Dolby AC3 audio You just need to have a special VFW AC3 decoder Installed which you can download here...

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

It also adds AC3 support to other Programs like Virtual-dub...