1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with flashfxp/networking

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jdilla, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i got some good and bad news. the good news is that i bought me the D-link PCI Adapter 10/100mbps fast ethernet adapter. since i have a dsl router, and that took my only ethernet plug/port, so i was told to buy another one so i could connect the xbox to my pc.[bold] My dsl router only has one port/ethernet slot[/bold] thats why i bought another ethernet adapter
    well the installation was really easy. after that i updated the drivers, it told me ok, drives were updated. i see it on my network connections under LAN or HighSpeed connections, so i assume my pc took it in the system.. so i go and try to go to flash fxp, and it wont let me connect to my xbox. this is what happens to me on flash fxp. flash fxp looks like it almost signs me in.. but this is the error that i keep getting. im going to tell you exactly what it saids on flash fxp. under were my xbox files are suppose to be:
    Winsock 2.0
    connecting to 192.168.0.4
    connected to o192.168.0.4 ->IP=192.168.0.4 PORT=21
    220 Please enter your login name now
    USER xbox
    331 password required for xbox
    PASS (hidden)
    230 user xbox logged in, proceed
    SYST
    215 UNIX type:L8
    REST 100
    502 rest is not implemented
    This site may not allow file resuming
    PWD
    257"/" is current directory
    TYPE A
    200 Type set to ASCII.
    PASV
    502 pasv is not implemented
    PORT 192,168,0,40,12,87
    425 Cant open datta connection to 192.168.0.40:22284
    connection lost:192.168.0.4

on my tcp protocol properties i enter this as an ip address, 192.168.0.40 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.30
    this is how i have my xbox's ip sub and gateway on evox settings
    ip
    sub
    gateway

can someone please tell me why it wont let me see the xbox on flash fxp. thanks

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Make sure you are using patch cables and not cross-over cables.

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yes i do have patch cables. and it still doesnt let me.. im going to try cuteftp

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Ummm...I am using a crossover cable with two ethernet cards and seem to be having a good connection through flashfxp.If you set your NIC on the computer end to:

Computer Side which is the ethernet card:
    IP Address:192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway:192.168.0.1

and then set this as your settings on the Xbox side:

which should be a ip address such as 192.168.0.3 and click automatically detect network settings it will initialize the connection,and you can access a FTP/TCP connection.The password for the connection is xbox;xbox port 21 using FlashFXP.You don't need a patch cable just hook the end of the crossover cable directly the freely ethernet card you just bought man,and then hook the other end to the Xbox problem solved.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh I forgot to mention when you set your ethernet card for the xbox the one you just bought.You will have to manually setup the ip address,and subnet mask,and default gateway.It isn't hard to do,and I can set it up very easy.What you will want to do is go into your ethernet card by selecting properties on it,then click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP and hit properties on that.It will show you another screen,that says optain a IP address automatically.What you will want to do is click on manually set it up,and type in the settings I just mentioned for the ethernet card.After you have done that click on Configure,and go to where it says Advanced and click on 10 Base TX Full/Duplex or either 100 Base TX Full/Duplex I heard that setting had good speeds,but not sure with the 100 Base TX Full/Duplex setting.The 10 Base TX Full/Duplex works though I am positive with that setting.

Now for the Evox settings,go into your Evox settings.While you are in there,click on optain an IP address automatically,and it will give you an IP address.Hope that helps out,and gives you a better description of what to do.Not saying that it isn't wrong to go through the router setup,just using two ethernet cards is easier to setup than actually through router.I forgot to metion that the IP address for your Xbox can differ depends on what the ip address is that it gives you.You will be able to tell what the IP address is though once you go back to the main menu of Evox.

Once it tells you what the IP address is,which normally is something like 192.168.0.3 or something similiar.Take that Ip Address and plug that into FlashFXP or similiar FTP program and you should be all set.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

This technique is based on two ethernet cards using high speed internet.If you are using one ethernet card for internet,and the other for Xbox transfering.If you want to setup FlashFXP the setting should be like this.
    Install FlashFXP,when you open up FlashFXP go to where iit says Site Manager at the top.Click on it and make a new connection and label it My Xbox,Xbox or whatever you want to label it.After you have labeled it.Input your IP address that you got from Evox at the main menu of it in FlashFXP for the Ip address.Then input the user name as xbox,and the password as xbox.The port should be 21 and you should be able to connect to the Xbox.

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I found a guide that is talking about this method as described here http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/network.php this gives you a brief description of what you will want to do.Hope it helps you out,this is using a crossover cable also,and not the patch cable with two ethernet cards.One that is connected to the internet,and then one that you will connect the Xbox with.

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

damn man, im having some tough luck connecting the xbox to flash fxp. i did everything you tell me man.. the only two things i didnt do are these:

What i see on the advance tab is this:

and this:
    PROPERTIES
    Early tx treshold
    link down power saving
    link speed/duplex mode
    and than on the right side, theres this little box asking for VALUE:
    there is no 10 Base TX Full/Duplex
    i dont know if im at the right place, but ive checked all tabs, and theres nothing similar to what you are saying
    this is what the guide you suggested saids about this issue:
    i dont see [bold]NETWORK MEDIA[/bold]

Evox doesnt let me, theres not an option that will turn automatic ip address automatically.

but i did the nic ip,sub, and gateway, the way you tell me.. im using my crossover cable.. so i really dont know whats going on man. fusk, i hope i can reach you today via msn messenger..oh one more time, this is the exact model number of the nic:
    D-Link: DFE-530tx

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I used a D-Link before with my XBOX, it worked for a while and then one day just stopped working. So I switched to Linksys and everything's been great.

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am like Achilles3 I always stick by linksys,but I think you went to the wrong place man.When click on properties of your ethernet card by going to network connections.There should be an option in there that says Cofigure right beside Connect Using:your ethernet card is here,then to the right of that you should have the Configure button.When you want to mess with 10 Base TX/Full Duplex settings like that you have to click on advance in there and go to where it says speed/duplex settings.You will be able to choose what speed you want from there,such as 10 Base TX/Full Duplex or 100 Base TX/Half Duplex an so forth.I am not sure what your ethernet card looks like,but I am thinking it might be different.It shouldn't be that much different though,from what I am looking at.I have two different ethernet cards,that let me set them the same way.

11. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-127-102&depa=0

thats my ethernet card. L_burna, pm me on when you think we can chat via msn.

i found what you were mentioning lburna, this is what mines saids:

PROEPERTY:

LINK SPEED/Duplex Mode

under value, i select 100 full mode

is this what you were talking about.. anyways, even after doing that, flash fxp looks like its going to connect me, but stops here:
    257"/" is current directory
    TYPE A
    200 type set to ASCII
    PASV
    502 pasv is not implemented
    port 192,168,0,1,8,117
    425 cant open data connection to 192.168.0.1:29960 connection lost:192.168.0.3

i wonder why it saids 192.168.0.1.8.117 the last four numbers seems to be added on to my 192.168.0.1.. hmm, could this be it? well im fustrated cuz i cant connect, and i am using a crossover cable, cant get nothing with a rj-45(ethernet,patch cable)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004