1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with king kong and narnia

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fourlc, Mar 25, 2006.

1. fourlc

fourlc Member

hi ive been using avi2dvd and dvd decrypter for a few days and havent had a problem everythings been going smooth but recently i got king kong and the chronicles of narnia i sucessfully burned the first part of king kong on to a dvd but part two is giving me troubles a encoded_video.mv2 file that is 0 bytes is being made it doesnt transcode the audio from mp3 to ac3 but does everything else except create the iso dvd image it finishes with jobs not done. Narnia i can use avi2dvd to work for the second part of it but for the first part after demuxxing the audio it gives me an error division by zero and stops doing everything please help thanks.

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sounds like he has an avi file that was compresed to an rar file , he probley got it from a torrent file of king kong and ,the chronicles of narnia they are floating arround the bittorrent sites they are way arround the fix but you might try trying to repair the file with winrar. but what you could do that will save you a whole bunch of headaches just wait till the movies come out and buy them so you are getting the whole thing ok?

4. fourlc

fourlc Member

thanks im going to give virtual dub a try then the rar thing but they were not in rar format when i got em so not sure about all that

5. nmeza

nmeza Member

for rdmercer1. 'wait and buy' wheres the fun in that?

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Has anyone successfully decrypted Narnia yet?

Fourlc, try using Defab Express to decrypt. Check out the Capote nightmare thread. You need to use an uptodate ripper or decrypter then shrink the files so they fit on a single layer DVD then burn it to a blank DVD. That thread should be very helpful even if it was closed. Some hostility flaired up on the thread after the thread had served its purpose. They usually shut down threads like that. So I would not be surprised if it was shut down.

The movie industry is spending more resources making the disks more diffucult to copy. Many of the old ways do not work any more. I would read all 3-4 pages and all the suggested guides as well. It tells you every thing you need to know. Then PLEASE post your results! You got a copy early. This way you can help this community. I am very interested to know if Narnia can be ripped.
    The compression and writing to disk is just SOP.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL It would be interesting if they had, since it won't be released until next month. Most of what's floating around are bittorrents containing recordings filmed in theatres. The torrents are in AVI and need converting to DVD, decryption doesn't usually come into play with those. Factory DVDs are where the encryption and copyright protections come into play.

For the newer releases I've been using AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter (with suggested Slysoft settings) to rip the files and then processing them for compliance with FixVTS. AnyDVD now has a ripper included that incorporates FixVTS which is supposed to be doing a good job. For those not familiar with FixVTS, it processes files for compliance much as VobBlanker will. Then there's always the PgcEdit method with DVD Decrypter for the PSL2 files and FixVTS or VobBlanker to process for compliance. The AnyDVD is much easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Region 1 Narnia retail has been fully decrypted and released. You all shouldnt have a problem when it comes out in April ;)

9. brobear

brobear Guest

I'm curious as to where it origingated. Usually the industry is pretty tight on the releases and most aren't available till release date. A person can easily lose their job or a sales contract, not to speak of getting sued over a breach of contract. The motion picture industry takes their release dates seriously. I've seen some releases sneaked out of the store for a viewing the night before, but nothing a week or more in advance. Having a DVD copy out now would mean someone higher up the "food chain" let a DVD copy out.

10. Mez

Mez Active member

Oh, if you are in the biz you can get a sample pretty early. Not that I am so lucky.

May I ask what ripper was successful decoding Narnia?

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i just bought King Kong and Memiours of a Geshia. have heard bad things about theses movies, alot of problems. any tipps will be helpful. i have older version of anydvd, clonedvd, dvdfab decrypter, dvd decrypter, dvdshrink. can i get it done with these? oh yea and vobblanker.
    did chicken little and stuart little this past weekend had a rough time getting them done alot of protection on those bad boys.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man brobear you got a system there dont ya??lol i wouldnt know what to do with something that powerful. i think my new hp system is great you got the hookup...lol

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Unless there is a new kid on the block and some new copyright protections, we can look to the same trusted apps as before. AnyDVD is the front runner, then we have the apps from DVDIdle. It those fail, then there's always the PSL2 method with PgcEdit and DVD Decrypter. Other than the ones mentioned, there's not a lot of software capable of doing good work with the newer protection schemes. Remember the FixVTS and VobBlanker for compliance processing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  14. brobear

brobear Guest

cincyrob
    The best bet is to update your AnyDVD to the latest version. I use AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter and then use FixVTS if compliance processing is necessary. With those 3 apps, I've yet to fail in getting a clean source. I've succeeded in backing up every DVD release I've tried including those with the new Arccoss.

15. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Kong was no problem for plain ol DVD Decrypter. No problems copying this disc whatsoever. If you want to buy Any DVD by all means, but there are few movies where you actually benefit from doing so. I don't use it, and have yet to find a movie I can't copy with ease.

16. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

say brobear i was in a forum a week or so back and there was this post about the chronicles of narnia. (Just did it last night(3/21), this is a disney movie so you know what is up, RipGard or ARccoSS(i can't tell).
    1-Decrypter/anydvd, shrink could not handle it, error.
    2-clonedvd2, of course, no problems. but i prefer shrink or recode2 so.
    3-fabdecrypter/shrink, no problem. english only, 66% level of compression, great picture quality with Recode2 or shrink. with clonedvd2 very good picture quality also but, not as good as recode2 or shrink.
    p:s: to become the best transcoder there is, clonedvd2 needs deep analysis to improve its quality so, let's get it done.)this was on 03/22/06 and i asked a few questions like how much did he pay for the disk and he would not say so but , i also work in a video store and we get screeners and get to take the movies home to view before the public gets them we get the movies on the friday before they are to be released.so when some one postes that they get the movies three weekes to a month before release date that would be hard to beleive. i have worked at this store for three years and i am the night mangere. i help with the ordering and the input and the movies to be bought.they also pay me to go to the movies to watch movies for input.

17. Mez

Mez Active member

I have not found anything that AnyDVD could decode that freeware could not and have found much of the new stuff can only be ripped with freeware. Now I wish I had purchased a DFab product. Am I missing something???

I think it is wrong to think a manager of a local video store will be the first person in the world to see a new release. My son's friend's uncle is a wholesaler. His friend claims his uncle has stuff at least a month before the release date. Even the biggest chains still go through a wholesaler. Obviously, the wholesaler must get the videos before the retailers.

I knew someone who lived in Asia for a while. He could buy bootleg copies that looked like the real thing for about a 1 USD only a few weeks after the movie started playing in theaters in that country. Apparently, the ability to turn a movie into a DVD can be done in countries other than the USA. The pirates also work much faster than the US video companies. I would suspect the pirates are in competition with one another so the faster you can get your video out the more money they make. I would not discount persons getting a copy even months before the release date.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Some of the best pirates are in Asia where there are no copyright controls. Technology is nothing limited to one area.

Getting a torrent copy of a movie is a bit different than a DVD quality release. Some of those video copies made in theatres are amazingly good quality though and with a little dress to the disc and labels, they make a good knock off as well.

Once a DVD disc becomes available, it's "Katy bar the door", anyone in the world with copy software or hardware copiers can produce perfect digital copies.

The question over who gets a copy to decrypt when is a moot point. When one tells me they have a factory DVD of an early release, prove it. I'm not asking what a buddy said he could get. The manager of a store I can believe having a DVD a few days early. I find it a stretch to have a wholesaler with a release months in advance. But if they have one, all they have to do is post an ISO of the disc to prove it.

@Jigen
    Try "The Fog", "The Legend of Zorro", "The Cave", and "Madagascar" with DVD Decrypter only. New Sony and Disney releases have most of the really heavy copyright protection. Of particular interest is "The Fog", I remember it had DVD compliance issues. With the Region 1 copyright protection (with the new Arccoss) it was impossible to do with DVD Decrypter alone. First off, Decrypter couldn't rip it, it came to a screeching halt. One could use PgcEdit and do PSL2 files with DVD Decrypter, but that isn't exactly using DVD Decrypter alone and it isn't as easy as just using a ripper setup like AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter. On top of that, when the rip is completed, it has to be processed for compliance using an app such as FixVTS or VobBlanker. That's not using DVD Decrypter alone either.

DVDFab Decrypter has been getting good support from DVDIdle, so it may be doing a better job. A lot of people are giving it rave reviews. I just stick with AnyDVD because they have a proven track record for being the first to get their software updated as needed for new protection schemes. If a person doesn't mind waiting sometimes and not always getting all the lastest movies backed up, no problem, use what you want. Just take care of the original till your software gets up to speed. That or learn how to do PSL2 files with DVD Decrypter and PgcEdit.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

rdmercer1
    With AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter, I've not run across a movie it won't rip. I'm anticipating a shot at "Narnia". With the newer Arccoss, even with a good rip, I'm aware there are sometimes compliance problems. There I process with FixVTS, which is a simple drag and drop and the process only takes a few minutes. AnyDVD has the included ripper. Did you try giving that a try? I'm going to do it both ways when I get a copy. I have the DVDFab and other apps, so I'm sure I have something that will get the job done.

20. exxitar

exxitar Member

well it's friday 11:20 and i just finish burning Narnia i used dvd decrypter and then FixVts then dvd shrink , nero and presto im watching Narnia easy as pie! lol

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006