1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with makin svcd and vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by folio, Mar 9, 2003.

1. folio

folio Member

Can someone please help me with the following topic...
    i cant for some reason make svcd or vcd from divx...Canopus Procoder doesnt let me preview some films and just freezes after about 2secs after encoding, the rest is just audio with no pic. ive also used Panasonic Encoder 2.51 with no probs. Its just the Canopus Procoder thats giving me probs...any suggestions on what im doing wrong?? is it how ive encoded the Divx movie(DVDX2)that makes it incompatible with Canopus? Cos ive tried with other Divx movies (FlaskMPEG)and not had probs with it...?!
    thanks for any help!
    folio

2. 89stang

89stang Guest

First, split your divx file with virtual dub. Secondly, encode file 1 with TMPGEnc or CCE SP. Then do the same with the 2nd file. When you are through encoding with either of the prog's listed above, burn the bin/.cue files with your favorite prog. Thats the easiest route!

3. folio

folio Member

thanks will look into getting hold of TEMPenc, and see what becomes of my experimentation! there sure is a lot to learn abou this encoding business! thanks for the helping hand...
    folio