1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with making a copy from a copy?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adouble11, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

When you make a copy of an original disc then the copyright should be taken of on your copy correct? So next time you make a copy of that copy it should work with any software? Well I have a perfect copy of a movie, but when I use my DVDShrink, DVD Decrypter, and CloneDVD (all with ANYDVD) to make another copy, none of them will produce a Video file with audio. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks

2. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

Adouble11,
    Once you have made your copy, you don't need to use dvdshrink etc.You should just be able to copy it with nero without shrinking/decrypting.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Copyright is only ONE OF THE THINGS that you should worry about re. copying. There are others (e.g. media, hardware and software compatibility).

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Even though you don't have to, you can use those programs that you mentioned to make a copy. Decrypter would probably be faster(iso read,iso write). One reason you may have trouble is the copy you're trying to copy may have errors in it. I have tried backing up a back up before because I noticed some of the older media I used was crap. Because of this I could not use the original backup and had no choice but to use the original dvd. Just for the hell of it, try turning off anydvd and try again.(for shits and giggles) Just in case.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005