1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Matrix

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by gonzalo76, Aug 7, 2004.

1. gonzalo76

gonzalo76 Member

Hi, I don't know why but I have video frame problems at minute 00:03:10 when Trinity walked in the walls, at the beginning of the movie. I did it three times all with the exact same problem.
    Then, I did it with 3 different Matrix dvds but the same problem appeared at the same scene.
    I finally compressed the film with CloneDVD2 and everything went fine.
    Anybody with the same problem?

2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

This has more to do with the program you used to rip the files for DVD2One. Sometimes Decrypter has a hard time reading certain tracks, but it is better than Shrink at this. When I have read problems, I go to Smartripper. There are 3 basic modes, and I just use the "Backup" one without making any changes. If there are any read errors, it will give you a very noticable red box. Good files can then be loaded into DVD2One.

Also, I would suggest downloading the freeware DVD InfoPro. It will read the source DVD and tell you if there are any errors. It will also tell you who made the media you re burning to. Lok for a row of icons across the top of the box.

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  3. gonzalo76

gonzalo76 Member

Hi Doc409, thank you for your reply but I've already found the problem:
    "It happens when the movie reaches a time point where you can insert extra scenes if "White Rabbit Mode" is activated. You are reporting probs at the first such point.
    D2O seems to have problems here if in "movie only" mode. Using the full disk mode did the trick for me"
    I compressed it with CloneDVD and everything worked fine.

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks. It sounds like angles, and D2O is hanging on them. I've not had this experience yet, but I also use use other S/W to edit these out.

5. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

if you didn't have CloneDVD then I suppose you could use DVDShrink's ReAuthor with No compression and grab the movie title and finally run that through D2O :)

@Doc409, what do you use to remove the angles?

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Hi MachemX...good to see you arond again. I still use the finest editing program around...Remake Pro!!! And then I send it through RB-CCE for a high-quality backup. My all-time favorite fall-back transcoder is DVD2One, though.

Since posting, I got a copy of the Matrix, and was unable to Decrypt it. There has been a newer Decrypter come out since then, and when I get time I am going to try again. Since this post was started there have been a lot of discoveries of "bumps" that are put in to cause problems...as you are aware. What are your latest suggestions for getting past these?

7. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

Hi mate ;)

my recommendation to bypass these is that people send the DVD's to me so I can tell them how to bypass it :)

If there was a DVD I couldn't rip I suppose I would use DVDRemake with either DVD43 or AnyDVD. I would do this after identifying the problem sectors of course :)

I'm still waiting on the callup from the studios to tell them how to cripple certain programs for a price :D

8. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Yeah, and then you could come back and tell us what to do to get around it...like a double agent man.