1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with modded xbox (matrix chip)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MaxPower4, Dec 21, 2007.

1. MaxPower4

MaxPower4 Member

I have an xbox (v1.0 I think) that I modded a long time ago with a matrix solderless chip. It worked fine at the time, but I just tried to use it again for the first time in a while and I’m having some problems.

Sometimes it will come on and sometimes it will just try to come on three times before flashing red and green. Sometimes the xbox flashes orange very briefly when trying to boot up. I opened it up to have a look and I don’t think the modchip is loose… I actually bolted it to the motherboard to keep it in place and the green light on the modchip still comes on.

I have also had a problem with the color on the screen when the xbox does work… everything has kind of a greenish tint (tried it on 2 different TVs with the same result). Sometimes if I jiggle the A/V plug in the back it will fix the color and sometimes it won’t.

Can anyone help me with this? Could these two problems be related? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I have no idea what BIOS is on the chip… it’s been so long since I installed it. Would upgrading to a new BIOS help?

Thanks!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'd say the chip is failing! Remove it and softmod it!