1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my new DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Rustid, May 28, 2004.

1. Rustid

Rustid Member

I put in a modified Samsung 616t from ebay and i am at the cromwell bios screen, and no matter what cd i put in it still reads: "Please insert CD - Flashing Mode" and no matter what format i do the discs or what type they are it says this, does anyone know what is going on?

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

what bios is it?
    did you use xbox bios manager to make it?
    how big is the bios?
    annnnnnnnnnd is you modchip set to "unprotect"
    if you didnt already , put 1 (or even 2) dummy files on the disc also.(of around 50mb)
    and make sure the bios is called BIOS.BIN if not it needs to be renamed to that.
    I may be weird but I do the ccd/dvd flash this way
    aaa.zip (dummy of 50mb)
    BIOS.BIN (512k or 1024k)
    zzz.zip (50mb dummy)
    make disc media you know the drive reads
    worked on every drive I have tried it on that has a x2 lite plus fitted (thomson, samsung, philips)

3. Rustid

Rustid Member

Its the 4893 bios, its 512k and i made it with the bios manager that xecuter created with it, also i made a dummy file of 100mb named, dummy.bin, so it has to be named BIOS? but the thing is that is wont even like read the disc, it just stayes at the "insert disc - Flash mode" or whatever its called, when it should displya something like "reading disc"

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

make your duumyfile 600mb, and make sure you call you bios BIOS.BIN and make sure BIOS.BIN is above DUMMY.BIN so it burns last.

also
    -no multisession
    -joilet unticked
    -disc at once
    -slow burn time
    -finalise cd

5. Rustid

Rustid Member

the samsung is a pretty beastly drive, i have both DVD+RW and DVD-RW, does it really matter which one i use even though i have that drive?

6. Rustid

Rustid Member

Didnt work, used both + and - RW's and i did it the way u said to name it BIOS.bin with a 600mb dummy.bin after it, still says "Please insert CD - Flashing Mode" is it bad that i used a CD key generator for Nero? cuz it seems to work fine? idk what is up with this, my phillips drive would recognize the CD but not the stuff on it, this drive doesent even think theres a DVD in it, even though i can play original games?