1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with my optorite dd0405

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dcjr99, Sep 27, 2004.

1. dcjr99

dcjr99 Member

Hey guy i'm new to forum gig and just bought this optorite dd0405 8x dvd-rw. It is showing up in my dell 8100 deminson as drive D: and then i have a dvd-rom nec 5700 as my slave and optorite is my master. When i first installed it would read my dvd movies and everything burnt cd's fine but the problem occured when i rebooted and now it won't even read dvd+-r's or my movies. I checked the ide cables, and the firmware and it came with the newest updates so i am at a loss. It is also showing i have a drive F: in which i don't have a SCIS drive added but it's showing i have one and i don't know what i'm doing wrong. I'm not totally illerate but ya never know with me. Well just wanted to see if anyone could help a ole boy out.

Daniel

2. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

Dell uses CS (Cable Select), did you change the jumpers on the DVD burner and the DVD ROM drives on CS? Usually, drives are shipped with Master jumpered from the factory. Also did you set the DMA on? Also you may want to downgrade the firmware of the DD405 from 160e to 150e. I found that the 150e works with more brands of DVD disc. After you set the jumpers correctly, go the device manager and uninstall both drives. Reboot the computer, it should reconfigurate the drives. Good luck.

3. dcjr99

dcjr99 Member

hey thanks I forgot i posted this here.. I just got a new optorite drive about a week ago from newegg.com. I sent it back rma and i think it was the drive. i've got it up and running thanks for readin my post and I appericate the help..

DANIEL