1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djjeckel, Aug 11, 2004.

1. djjeckel

djjeckel Member

Need your help.

When i trancode a movie in vision express2 it is either freezing when i click "make chapters" or when i click "edit movie" or half way through the transcode process it just shuts down and goes back to the main menu.
    What can the problem be.
    Nero have suggested reinstalling nero but i have done this quite a few times and still no luck.i have used the newest updates.
    Can you suggest any other program to try using until i can get this sorted out.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

What are you using as your source video when you run into the issue with NVE closing when simply clicking on the options such as Make Chapters?

Does this occur with any Video source file? Did you try a small AVI or MPEG file?

Do you have another computer you can test this on to see if this issue is system dependant?

Are you installing NVE from a CD or from a download off the web? Or both?

Is there anything unique about your system?

Can you provide a print out of the Nero InfoTool?

Regards,

Craig

3. djjeckel

djjeckel Member

Firstly thanks for your quick reply to my problem.Much appreciated.
    I am trying to do an Xvid file. I have the Xvid codecs and it is usually workin fine. I have a file saved from info tool but not sure how to put it into my reply.
    I am installing from newest updates from nero. I have also tried using my nero disc.
    Is there a nero removal tool to get a fresh install? I have looked for one but can't seem to find one.
    I dont have another pc to try this on.
    Nve only closes if i get as far as transcoding the file. It freezes if I click Chapters or Edit.
    Seems to be only Xvid. Just done an avi file and seems to be doin fine. As I said I have xvid codec.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Djjeckel,

To add the report from InfoTool, you should only need to do a copy and paste of the files contents. I do not believe there is an option to upload files in this forum, or if there is a way I do not know how. :)

As for Xvid, our NVE software does support this format. And we do not need the Xvid codec installed to support it. Just as a test, try uninstalling the Xvid codec and see if NVE will then work with the file without the lockup.

Regards,

Craig

5. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

hi saw your thread well I have been burning dvds for a while now and Im still a newbie and learning all the time, dont know about the program you are using but I tried when I first started using nero several versions but got nowhere not one dvd turned out , I got clone dvd dvd shrink and dvd decrypt, regarding freezing I found out that burning at a slower speed helped,I have tried roxio for burning but limitted success rate

6. Saphire

Saphire Member

I am having troubles burning a DVD movie I keep receiving error messages, what should I do?

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Saphire,

For starters, how about telling us with the error message is. :)

And providing a copy of the Nero Log file or NeroVision Express log file from the failed write attempt.

Do you have the latest version of our software instaleld? If not, please upgrade to that first from our Nero website.

Regards,

Craig