1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with nero burning rom + burning to dvd

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by COLLBOLT, Jan 31, 2007.

1. COLLBOLT

COLLBOLT Member

A torrent that i downloaded when extracting all files from rar they are nero avi, i put a blank +dvd in to burn my film it goes to start up then says enter a minus it cant be because of the file type and my pioneer dl dvd+/-rw drive can handle both kinds of disc i dont know why this has happened other than getting -dvds but i shouldent have to any ideas.

Now for some reason my nero burning rom exe comes up with an error and fails to launch ?????? a few months ago i restored my laptop to an earlyer date and that fixed it, but when i uninstall nero (wipe it from the registry even) it dosent seem to fix the problem i still get the message strange!

If no answers i will just uninstall nero 9 and try somthing else but any thoughts would be most welcome.

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

once you unrar them, you need to convert the avi to mpeg2 before nero will reconize them being in the right dvd format for burning.Once burnt you should not have a problem playing your newly burnt project in any stand alone dvd player as long as siad player will play the type of disc you are using.Whether that be +/-

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@COLLBOLT......
    I thought that Nero's latest version is Nero 7!

anyway......... use NeroVission to convert your AVI files to DVD! here's a guide:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

you know IHOE, its coming,but COLLBOLT's just a bit ahead of himself

5. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

I would put money on Nero v9 still having bugs and problems, most likely including bugs that where fixed in v7!

Anyhow COLLBOLT have you tried using the "Nero 7 Clean tool" and even "Registry Checker and Driver CleanTool" ?

available from http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Clean_Tools.html