1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with newer games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Bottz, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Bottz

Bottz Member

I just purchased TaoFeng for the box and tried to make a back up. So far no luck I tried to make an ISO with xIso, CloneXB and GDFImage, and have been using Nero to burn. It seems that the newer games are harder to backup. Does anyone out there agree with me??? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.. Thanks all
    Bottz

2. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I had the exact same pronblem.You need to flash your BIOS with Xecuter2 4976.02 and then it will work fine.MLB Slugfest is the same way.the Disks you already made are good.

3. Dank

Dank Regular member

you could also run the patcher they have out now for the newer games that need to have the default.xbe file patched before they will work.. get the copyhaunters patcher if you go his route

4. ridah100

ridah100 Member

upgrade you bios or if you don't wanna do that, you gonna need to patch the game wit one of the patcher programs out there

5. Bottz

Bottz Member

Thanks for the help Dank and Ridah100 I patched the file and now it works just fine. I have another question for people using the Xecuter2 4976.02 Bios. I tried this bios but when ejecting a game my xbox goes to a problem screen and states that it is in need of service. This is why I went back to using the EvoX D.6 EjectFix.bin bios. Are you guys having the same trouble with the Xecuter version? Could it possibly be that my matrix chip was not totally alligned correctly?

6. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I have not ran into this problem on the 3 xbox's I have out there with Xecuter2 BIOS.But I dont have a Matrix either.I would definitely try to check if it is aligned correctly.I know alot of people who's chips do shift every now and then.

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

Bottz, I am using the same bios, evoX D.6 and evoX D.6 Ejectfix. I am having trouble backing up newer games aswell. There is alot of talk on patches but how do they work and which one should you use. I read an article earlier about patching the default.xbe file and tried this with a number of patches. No luck yet, I've only been playing around with this one game for two days now. Can anyone give me advice.

8. Dank

Dank Regular member