1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with pioneer 106d

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 123kid, Aug 19, 2004.

1. 123kid

123kid Guest

hi

machine
    AMD 2800, 512mb, pioneer 106d (108)firmware, dvd
    xcopy 4.0.3.8, maxell memorex eworks medias, nero ultra most recent.

problem

installed Golden Hawk cdrwin and after i installed it, my pioneer 106d stopped reading my old dvd back ups. DRive read everything before the install. i updated drive, nero still wont read. unistalled cdrwin and unistalled. Burner is workin disc read in other dvd drives, home dvd-players,etc. tried drive in other pc's still no read. Data also stopped reading aswell. Every now and then a disc will read after burn. also vcd will not read as well. Could it be a dead drive?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you just do any firmware updates to the 106 before it went dead? At first I thought your problem had to do with the install of the other drive, but if the 106 won't work in another PC it sounds like it has a problem.

Jerry

3. 123kid

123kid Guest

i only started to mess with the drive after i had installed cdrwin and found out that my drive was messed.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I checked out Golden Hawk's software site, it says the 106 is supported with CDRWIN. Was the software on disc or a download? If a download, maybe the files were corrupt. Just guessing here, I can't see why software would kill the drive if you put it in another PC.
    Maybe a conflict between Nero and Cdrwin. Uninstall both, reboot, use a reg cleaner if you have one, then reinstall Nero. See if that helps. Remome the drive and reinstall too.

Jerry

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004