1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with playback usually last 15 minutes of DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Midjet, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Midjet

Midjet Member

I am having problems with playback of some movie conversions that I have made from svcd/vcd/avi/divx etc to DVD format. I normally use my Piomeer 106 to burn movies converted with TMPGenc and Author or Cucusoft and TMPGenc Author.
    Some play fine all the way through some seem to start sticking about 15 minutes from the end of the film and eventually grind toa halt.

i thought it might have been the file size so i try and keep the final product to less than 4gb, but last night I watched Ring 2 which was 3.92 gb and it started playing up yet the night before I watched Hotel rwanda which was 4.22gb and that played fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution to it?
    Rwanda was an avi conversion to dvd and Ring 2 was svcd to dvd conversion!
    Appreciate any help and apologies if there is already a thread in a hurry as I am off to work now
    L8rs

2. Midjet

Midjet Member

Oh and also i forgot to mention I watched the last 15 minutes of the ring on my PC it plays fine from the Hard drive just wont play the last 15 mins in my standalone Pacific DVD player with my TV
    Thanks again

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sounds like media probs here, or at least a compatibility issue between the media and the player. Have you tried different media? Have you tried to play the disc on different standalone players? What about different discs (same kind, using same setup to burn) on the player you're having difficulties with?

4. Midjet

Midjet Member

I was thinking that it's the media. I have been using average media ie Bulkpaq. I believe average is great for data but not so for dvd.
    It varies from a whole range of dvd standalones and laptops as to how well the playback is...some won't play at all some stick half way thru and as mentioned above my pacific which appears tpo play most disks well still sticks for last 15 minutes on some dvd's so after reading around a bit more the most likely is quality, so I will buy some Verbatim or Riteks, Ridata etc which seem to be some of the best over here in UK.
    Thanks for the help!