1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with repeated playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Andycabs, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Andycabs

Andycabs Member

Hi everyone. I am running into problems when a DVD is played back repestedly. I have a small child who likes to put a DVD in and watch it over and over all day. I have noticed that the ones she plays all the time start to have playback problems, Mostly alot of pixelization. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. It seems to be worse on the SVCD backups but also occurs on the DVD backups.
    Does anyone know if this is a DVD player related problem or is it a Disk problem. I Use Ritek -R and Verbatim -R Disks. Im thinking that it may be that the heat from the player corrupts the DVD surface or something. I have checked the disks and even done tests on some. The surface of the test disk was like new..Not dirty or anything but I still get the same problems.
    Thanks in advance for any help with this!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Andycabs, I think your problem might be the heat as you stated. Do the discs in question play ok again after cool down? Excessive heat will cause the disc to warp slightly giving you playback problems. Also if you have paper labels on them, they might cause more heat build up. Some players are ok with the labels, others don't like them. Some say labels might cause the disc to go out of balance too. Could be poor grade media, but that usually shows up everytime. Jerry

3. malum

malum Regular member

Maybe you should find a better way to occupy your child. All day watching TV!!!!!!
    You should be ashamed of yourself.

4. Andycabs

Andycabs Member

Thanks Jerry746. I think your probably right. I believe it's a heat problem distorting the disks. And they dont get any better after they cool down. I think the heat may be distorting the laquer on the disk permanently. I dont use any labels and My disks are Ritek and Verbatim which I thought were both good brands. I guess for now I'll just put her movies on re-writable disks.
    And as for the comments from the peanut gallery, from someone who is obviously not a stay at home parent with a 16 month old. I thought this board was for discussion of DVD,s, Not for parental advice :eek:)

5. malum

malum Regular member

My wife stays at home with our 14 month old and the TV is never on during the day
    My coments were semi tongue in cheek but it is still a serious point