1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with router

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Steff052, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Steff052

Steff052 Member

Hello everyone, my problem is I just got the internet with the cable. I had ADSL before. My problem is I am able to connect my 2 pc on the internet. The cable is connected to the modem and the modem to the router ( D-Link DSH-5 ). Both pc's are connected on the router but only one (OS Windows XP) is able to connect on the internet. I tried to use winipcfg with the other one (OS Windows 98) to get a new IP but it did not worked. I think I have to config my router but I am not sure and I dont know how to do it. Please help. Thank you

Steff

2. tr100

tr100 Member

Are you sure you are properly networked.

Can the XP box see this computer (can they share files...etc). If not, your network card may not be working to begin with....

If it is...have you opened a IE browser, then Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Setup and gone through that little utility. When doing this...select the option refers to connecting to the internet over your network...or via a pre-existing connect...etc.

HTH