1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with RW discs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by BarryDean, Feb 20, 2007.

1. BarryDean

BarryDean Member

I am using Nero 7 Ultra. I have been taking some of my RW dvds and use Nero to add menus and make new dvdrs. My problem is when I play the finished dvd back, I notice the movie is broken down into 1 minute 40 second incriments. The movies stutters every 1:40. How can I get these files to merge and avoid these skips??? Thanks.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Why would there be a 1:40 recurring problem? Are you videos that long, are you adding transitions, is it caused by a certain file size?

What type of files, what quality, and what utility are you using to make the DVDs?

3. BarryDean

BarryDean Member

I am recording 30 minute tv shows onto rw discs on my dvd recorder and then use nero to make menus for the shows and then burn them to a dvdr disc. The episodes are broken down into 1:40 incriments (media files). So a 30 minute show may have 15 of these glitches in it. Sometimes the problem only occurs at the first 1:40 minute mark and then the rest of the show plays fine. Most of the time the shows skips or stutters every 1:40. If I use a dvdr disc for the source their is no problem, but that disc is wasted because I want the fancy menus and easy episode selection.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

What exactly breaks the shows into 1:40 segments, the DVDR recorder?

All I might suggest would be to use NeroVision to edit out a couple of frames around the glitches to see if it might help. Maybe if you use the stepper to go through the glitch section on an expanded scale, you might see the distortion.