1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with sound on recorded HD DVR shows

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by FotoLyfe, Jan 31, 2008.

1. FotoLyfe

FotoLyfe Member

Hey guys I've been trying to fiddle with this painful problem ever since I got the HD DVR box from Time Warner. When I watch live HDTV there is absolutely nothing wrong with the box but when I watch TV shows recorded on my DVR, namely shows from major channels (FOX, NBC, ABC, CNN, etc) The sound skips on me. When I watch the show live there's nothing wrong with the feed, but when I watch the show over the sound keeps dropping on me. I've called their tech out to my place before and we've determined that the HDMI cable may have been sending video signals faster than the sound (which I have no clue if it's true or not). So we've switched back to a set of component cable since they support up to 1080i and so does my HDTV. Anyways after switching cables it seems to have helped for a few months but now the problem is back again. Has anyone experienced the same problem before? My HD DVR model is 8300HDC, if anyone knows how to fix it it'll be great.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Are you actually able to record Fox's HD channel onto the DVR? I am not able to do that, not sure what the issue is yet. If you set the box to start recording, it will record for about 2 minutes then stop.

3. FotoLyfe

FotoLyfe Member

yeah my recordings are fine. All the shows are there but for some odd reason last time this happens it's was on the same spot that the sound breaks until the cables are switched. After switching the cables the sounds are much better but now it's happening again.