1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with svcd audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by stir, Oct 22, 2003.

1. stir

stir Member

Hi
    I have an .mpg movie file i wish to convert to svcd to play on external dvd player. I tried with nero ---the results were fantastic video but audio slightly out of sync when played on dvd player. The movie plays fine on wmp on pc before and after burning positive .Please could someone help resolve. By the way i dont know if the bitrate is causing probs. I ran a check and average bitrate is 2041 with a peak of 2634

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

I think you're right, the variable bitrate might be causing this problem...I don't think Nero is too good at handling those files. If the disc plays back on the computer without problems it might be that your player doesn't support VBR. Instead of Nero, use TMPGEnc ( www.tmpgenc.com ) to convert your video to a standard SVCD file and use either Nero or VCDEasy ( http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm ) to burn.