1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With the DreamBox DM500-C

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bear1982, Jun 1, 2007.

1. bear1982

bear1982 Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I done a search for the dreambox DM500-C and didn't see what I was looking for. In my house in Dublin we had NTL before getting a Dreambox DM500-C, which unlocked all available NTL channels for us. We eventually ended our contract with NTL and were cut off but the box still worked until recently. Now the dreambox won't give us anything at all. I've heard that NTL have changed scrambling codes or something recently and that people with Starviews have had to update certain codes but I'm not sure if Dreambox users are supposed to do the same thing ...and if we are I'm not sure about the process as it seems like quite a complex setup.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. rob79

rob79 Member

hi bear,
    just wondering if you fixed the problem wit the 500 c? i just got one, looks to have been already used, uk channels are alreay pre-programmed into it. info just says 'waiting for time' when i select any channel. when i try to do a channel scan, this fails.did you have any problems like this when you set up initially?

i am still with ntl on the basic package, think u should still be able to receive signals, possibly your coax input to the hse has been disconnected by ntl, therefore u will not receive any signal. did they come to take away your set top box?

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi rob79
    Sorry for intruding,
    Which image does it have installed? the reason for asking is that if you have all your channels after a scan you need an emu (emulator) and some resonably recent keys installed to clear anything. The emu and keys can (if installed) be turned on usually from the menu after pressing the blue key on the remote control. All this is dependant on which image you have installed. I personally prefer the Gemini image version 4.1. If you can't find any channs after a scan you probably don't have the correct service.xml file for your area which needs to have the correct symbol rate eg 6952 = C&W others 6??? for NTL,TW etc and frequencies in it need to be matched to the symbol rate for the scan to find..
    jbvid

4. rob79

rob79 Member

hi jbvid,
    thanks for your help, have been away for past week so only seeing this now, the image i have on the box is neutrino dream plus ultra version 2.03 , this was installed by the guy i bought it from in england, i really havent a clue about the thing. think it's 2nd hand as there is a 'favourites' epg section.
    there is a few different emu's to choose from, evocamd, mgcamd, GBOX, newcamd
    cant seem to find which service file is on it?
    rob

5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    One of the images you can load into the DM500c has an option to scan through all the providers,not sure which, and its selected from the menu system and called (Bruteforce) Suggest you do a search on DM500c forums to get more help
    jbvid