1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with The Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by vike, Jan 18, 2005.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

kyle2k4
    It's amazing. So many people are successful, but due to your individual failures, there must be a flaw to the software and methods. The flaw is in your reasoning and the problem is obviously either user error or something wrong in your set up.

Acting like a child and calling names proves just that. You are a juvenile seeking to argue for the sake of argument. The mods should do something about you on this one.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

kyle2k4,

You really think that is true? I think the majority of people follow our rules and think they are quite reasonable.

And IMO AnyDVD is the best at removing css encryption and region codes. I think I've had better success while AnyDVD is turned on and running. Also keep in mind that AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 are updated much faster and more often than Shrink and Decrypter. Not to take anything away from those two programs .... after all they are still free.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd highly recommend against an outburst like that again.

4. kyle2k4

kyle2k4 Guest

yeah, just like i would highly recommend against another ScubaPete sarcastic outburst again. i did NOTHING wrong. if you get offended you need to contact your framers of the Constitution my friend, they have set forth some rules themselves.

5. Nephilim

I just spoke to the Framers from the beyond and they said to ban anyone silly enough to equate a website's forum rules with the Constitution. If you can't handle someone's sarcasm without resorting to name calling you need to go elsewhere and indeed you will.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

The constitution ensures rights, however the right to being obnoxious on the forums sort of falls outside that realm.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Huuummm, > . . . . . . ?)

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Hmmm... For some it is a talent. ;)

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(. . . ? ? ? )

Does that mean I'm not his friend anymore ?

So sad . . . . :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  10. Nephilim

Awwwwww we're all friends here! Group hug! :p

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

AWwwwwwwwww,

Now I feel all warm and fuzzy -

No, no, false alarm,

I had an nose full for Bear hair Uuuuggg,

You have just GOT to shave your back there Bro -

Next time, a handshake will suffice -

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  12. brobear

brobear Guest

Pete,
    Didn't you pay attention to all the warnings... parents give them, rangers give them and they post them in the park. [bold]Don't mess with the bears. LOL[/bold]

13. duey73

duey73 Member

I was able to do the whole dvd of the forgoten

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Way to go duey73. Hope you continue to have the good, successful backups.

15. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Brobear, you are correct about AnyDvd. It is the best value for the buck out there. I for one like to keep the entire DVD which includes the movies and I for one do not like to have to take the time to chop the DVD to pieces. I have always like to have something that is near the best that I can have. That is why I married my wonderful lady 48 years ago..

Enough said. AnyDvd is certinally worth 39.00 and even twice that price. As mentioned earlier they work hard to break any encryption even before the movie industry can put the movie on the shelf.

This being said, I would like to present the forum with a problem and maybe get a solution.

I usually burn with WinDvd Copy 3 and ANYDVD running in backgound. I have not had any problem until I encountered The Forgotten and now The Notebook.

The movie seems to back up without fault BUT the coming attractions play fine. The menu for the main movie apprears and I click on play movie. I get the FBI warning screen and then the screens telling you that the opinion is that of the studio and not etc....
    I get it in several languages, THEN it wraps around back to the Main Movie screen.

Does anyone know what the problem might be with the DVD Copy 3 / ANYDVD. I am useing the latest vs of ANYDVD which is suppose to remove the protection.

I am backing it up with ANYDVD/Shrink/Nero tonight and will post the results of that burn BUT I was wondering if anyone was having tghis problem with WinDVD Copy 3 / AnyDVD.

Tom

16. brobear

brobear Guest

TMcCallie
    You're not the only one who has had this problem with DVDCopy3 and The Forgotten. That was a big movie, so I encoded it with RB/CCE and burned it with Nero. The problem that you're experiencing is probably due to Sony ARccOS, the new encryption system. There's bogus info inserted in the files and there are unreadable sectors. AnyDVD points some of that out in the info window. You may be getting an incomplete recording and the loop back is due to the movie not being recorded. Look at the burn ring in the dye and see how far across the disc the burn extends. Check to see what size the files on the disc are. See if the DVDCopy 3 will record the movie only selection. Do the test on an RW so you don't waste any discs.

One good thing about DVD Shrink, it will correct structural errors in DVDs. Using the Shrink, it's still a good idea to leave the AnyDVD running in the background.

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

tmccallie..THE FORGOTTEN can be done with DVD X COPY PLATINUM with DVD REGION +CSS running in the background. It worked for me fine. Or with ANYDVD in the background. If you have DVD X COPY that is.

18. duey73

duey73 Member

I just used shrink with anydvd and burned it with shrink but to do that you need nero 6 .
    I was able to copy the whole dvd

19. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Brobear, thanks for the info. I am trying to burn it topnite useing shrink/nero. with anydvd in background. I always use ANYDVD in background as I figure If I don't need it then what the heck. I have found that it causes no problems.

I will let you know how shink/nero does it.

Thanks

TMcCallie / Flintstone_Redneck in some forums such as RipDVd

20. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

aabbccdd, etc

I have DVDXCopy Platinum but don't use it as I have never been able to get it copy a darn thing.

Too many other copy programs to worry about this program that does not work for me.

thanks anyway.

Tom