1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with The Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by vike, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

duey73

Totally untrue. There's no reason that you can't use DVD Decrypter to burn and it is FREE. If you have Nero, fine use it OR if you have CopyToDVD, you can use that - Both are $$$$ programs though they have trials available you'd still have to buy it sometime, DVDD doesn't require any money, EVER.

Follow the guides in my sig -

Pete

Tom,

I think we all have an XCopy product or two onboard but I let my original Xpress and my Platinum gather dust too

Cheers and welcome to the DVD Shrink community :)

"P"

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Tom
    Run AnyDVD of course (since you have it). One thing I've found is it's best to use Decrypter to do a rip in File mode when I run into the difficult encryptions. Use default and don't let the app skip any sectors. Toward the end of some rips the warning comes up, something like "won't patch...". Just click OK and let the rip complete. Then open the file in Shrink (AnyDVD running) and let Shrink do it's job. AnyDVD seems to help Shrink process the unreadable sectors even following a rip with Decrypter. That should do the job.

That was the method I used to rip The Forgotten. Following the RB encode I still had some bogus info in the file structure. CopyToDVD wouldn't burn it. I used Nero with an override and burned it. (Shrink and AnyDVD corrected a bogus structure problem.) The DVD plays fine, it just still has a touch of the structural encryption, but that doesn't affect playability.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Pete,
    Not sure, but I think Tom may have known about Shrink for a while, like many of us. ;)

Tom
    Have you tried RB/CCE yet? jdobbs just keeps making RB better. I recorded the entire disc with The Forgotten to a DVD5. Even under magnification it is difficult to tell the difference between the original and the backup and that's on a 60" screen. CCE does a terriffic job.

4. forkndave

forkndave Member

I backed up "The Forgotten" using AnyDVD and DVD Shrink and burned with Nero. The only problem I had was that Shrink would hang up on the guy with the green shorts. I turned him into a still picture and it went fine. The guy in the green shorts never had any effect in other movies other than slowing Shrink down a little while it was being processed. Lately, I've been backing up the whole movie. I delete the foreign languages and the directors comments and record everything else. I usually shrink the extras a little more than the movie, though. AnyDVD was probably the best $39 I've ever spent. It hasn't failed me yet.

5. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

To my forum friends, Brobear, Forkndave, and Scuba Pete.

Yeah as Brobear mentioned, I have been a Shrink user for way back. I use it along with quite a few other burning programs such as Instant Copy, DVD Copy 3, Decrypter, Dvd2one, and Recode 2 just to name a few. BUT when all else fails I can count on Shrink.

Brobear, I do have RBCCE but I must confess that I have never tried it. I looked at it once and got a little scared off. The thing that I was concerned with was the length of time that it took to complete the job with this product. I understand the fact that it makes an excellent reproduction but just could not bring myself to spending that much time on making a backup.

I work for H&R Block from Jan 2nd until April 15th each year and believe me I have been busy 7 days a week. We are starting to slow down a bit and plan to get into RBCCE after the 15th. I know that I will be calling on my forum friends for HELP.

Shrink did The Notebook fine and I am going to try The Forgotten useing ANYDVD/Shrink/Nero. Will let you know if it is successfuly.

Hello Dave, nice to see you here.

Tom / Flintstone_Redneck on some forums.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

With the AnyDVD/Decrypter combo, I never even noticed the guy in the shorts. It must have whipped on by. Just had to do "OK" to finish the Decrypter rip and override Nero for the burn with RB encoded files. Tried the same rip and fed it to Shrink and it burned auto with Nero without slowing down.

Tom
    You could have been using RB already. Due to the lengthy times involved, a lot of people let it run while they sleep. You can even set it to do batch files and get a few encodes done while snoozing. Unless you're an insomniac and doing taxes 24/7, you could have let the PC work while you rest.

7. Amberly

Amberly Member

ok. I just read through this post and a bunch of others regarding the forgotten. I'm so new to this and I am so confused. I ran the movie through DVDD, then ran the ISO through shrink. only got so far in shrink before i got an "out of memory" message...then I tried reauthoring. I only did the movie files. I left out the title menus and extras. still got the out of memory message. Can anyone tell me (in simple newbie english) how do fix this problem? I have shrink and DVDD. i don't have any of the other progs. any help with would be great.

8. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Regarding the forgotten!

Please use AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 as CloneDVD2 has a fix for the new mastering error's

These two programs work best side by side

9. Amberly

Amberly Member

like i said before i have shrink and DVDD...i don't have any other progs...anyone who can help me with the forgotten using those two programs?

10. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Well old standby DVDShrink along with ANYDVD running in the background did back up The Forgotten without a hitch.

long live Shrink and ANYDVD.

Tom

11. Amberly

Amberly Member

I've never used anydvd, so to use it with shrink, is there anything i need to do or do i just run the program and it will do the rest?

12. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD can be downloaded as a free 3 week trial. http://www.slysoft.com Read the product description. The program works in the background so you just use your program as you normally would.

Anytime I have a troublesome encryption, I run DVD Decrypter and rip in file mode and use the Decrypter ripped files with the encoder program. Shrink will convert to ISO to burn with DVDD, so no problem ripping in file mode. The reason for a rip in file mode is in case I need to do any work with a particular file. With Shrink, leave the AnyDVD running even when using ripped files.

13. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

You said it BroB. Works wonderful

14. mrsweet69

mrsweet69 Member

okay i've read all your threads and still nothing! I'm trying to rip The forgotten. I've tried using dvd shrink 3.2 and it won't even analyze it, then i tried using dvd decryptor. That gets to around 54% usually and comes up with an error: I/O error. I also tried copying the files right off the dvd onto the hard drive not using any programs (this worked on another dvd that i had problems with). after playing around with it i managed to copy every file except one, it was the VTS_03_4. I can get about half of the file then it comes up with an error. Dvd shrink tries to open the whole movie file and it says it can't find a file thats not a part of the disc, VTS_03_6.
    I've also tried using the AnyDVD which i just downloaded today. I bring up anydvd and just let it sit in the background like i read. Tried using DVDD and Shrink, but still...more ERRORS! I have no idea what to do, but i'm thinking there is no hope for this dvd and it is probably IMPOSSIBLE! ANy more suggestions????????

15. mrsweet69

mrsweet69 Member

i have tried everything and nothing works. I've used both dvd decryptor and dvd shrink. I have tried them using anydvd. i tried transfering the files right from the dvd to the HD in which i got every file except for VTS_03_4, i can only get about half of it. Dvd shrink still won't open the files tho, it tries to look for VTS_03_6 which doesn't exist. I am out of ideas and am thinking that it is impossible to rip Forgotten. Any more ideas?????

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

mrsweet69

This movie is not that hard to burn.

Since you have several software’s loaded in your PC try this. Just use AnyDVD in the background, DVD Shrink and Nero6 to burn with.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD on, rip with DVDD in File mode, when warning comes up toward end of Decrypter rip (something along the lines of "can't patch...") click OK and allow rip to complete, may need to enter OK a few times. Open ripped files in Shrink and burn. I know it works, because I just did the backup recently. Don't let the warning in Decrypter throw you off track and leave the AnyDVD running.

18. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

ANYDVD latest vs. running in the background with DVDShrink WILL work. If it does not then it is probably a media problem with your blank disc. Try useing another brand of disc.

Forgotten has a new type of copy protection which ANYDVD will bypass.

Tom