1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with the start of my movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tman7777, Mar 1, 2005.

1. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

I recently burnt the movie "The grudge". I used decrypter and shrink and used nero to burn. The problem is that i have to skip forward to the 2nd scene amd then rewind to the start in order to watch the movie. If I put the dvd in the player and press play it only goes to the 5 second mark and just sits there. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

You should have edited out the 1st 4 minutes of the movie by using the re-author mode in Shrink. Once this is done you should have no problem

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Aah. "rewinding" a DVD...Now where have I heard that before???

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yep just as Car.Mike explained. I always preview the first couple of minutes of all my movies in Shrink before backing them up so I don't run into this problem. You can use the "set start end frames" button to change where your movie starts if you see any problems.

[​IMG]

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

tman7777

Are we talking about "dead air/black space" in the movie or a freeze/pause when you try and play the movie?

I have burned this one also using DVD Decrypter, Shrink and Nero and did it this way:

After DVD Decrypter did it's thing in file mode, I used custom compression on everything other then the main movie, Menus and Extra's, then removed all languages other then English. I used Backup mode and burned it.

I just played the beginning of this movie again to make sure before I wrote this and I have no "Dead Air/black space" in my copy whatsoever.

If it is a freeze you are speaking about, then it must be too much compression, bad media, or both.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

My grudge had the couple of minutes of dead space in it :)

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Hey bbmayo :)

There was also another movie out there, I think it was the Forgotten but not sure, that a lot of members stated there was a Hugh amount of dead space in it but my copy was fine and didn’t have any of that blank space. It was the movie with two versions, Extended and Theatrical I believe. I have never used Re-Authored mode before, just the basic Backup with some compression changes and also removing the extra unwanted audio. My family likes all the bells and whistles like our originals so that’s how I've been doing it.

Could it be when they are copied under Re-Author mode that this takes place?

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I'm with bilbo on this one. The required rewinding of the DVD to bypass the trace chip.

hmmmmmmmm

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Could be... Very possible seeing how I do it with reauthor everytime I wouldn't know, but I'm sure if you do it the other way it is more than likely the case. I did the Forgotten with AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 and didn't have the problem with this at the begining of that movie so now I wonder if it could be a Shrink thing hmmmm ?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  10. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

It's not really dead space, the display on my dvd player starts but then it stops at 5 seconds and it just sits there searching. That's all it will do until you skip ahead to the next scene then rewind. After that it's all good. I thought it was a bad dvd so i burnt another copy and same thing happened.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

tman7777

Can you tell us how you do your burns? Is it similar to what I mentioned in my thread? Is it a Movie only burn, or is it the whole thing, full backup, without anything removed?

What media do you use also?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I hate to tell you but it is dead space. If you preview the movie in Shrink before you back it up you will see it, and I already showed you how to fix that problem. Just set the movie to start at the begining somewhere around the miss liberty holding the torch and it will play normally.