1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with TMPGEnc 2.5

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dvder, Dec 30, 2001.

1. dvder

dvder Guest

TMPGEnc 2.5 will not open any .d2v files eventhough I have installed the vfp plugin and had a previous version working fine.
    If anyone has any ideas why this is please tell me

2. Esal

Esal Member

Man, I feel your pain. This is making me mad too. Ive been searching for an old version. because I know I used an older version and this guide to ripping and encoding the DVD perfectly fine.

3. Esal

Esal Member

If someone would please help me and this guy, we are in need.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to increase the DirectShow Multimedia filter's priority in TMPGEnc's Global Settings>VFAPI Plugins page.

5. Esal

Esal Member

Ive gotten into the environmental settings and the plug in part, what do I adjust? All the boxes are checked already. How much should I increase it. It was at -1, but not sure how much i should increase it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2002
  6. dRD

S**t, my bad. I read that you had probs opening VDub's frameserver files :) You need to re-install DVD2AVI in order to register the .d2v plugin for TMPGEnc.

7. Esal

Esal Member

Not sure I quite follow you here. I reinstalled dvd2avi into the same folder as tmpgenc, and still gives me the file not supported error. I cant even see the file when I click the browse button and 'Compressible Video Source' is target file, but you can see it in the screen shot in the ripping guide. Am I doing something wrong?

8. dRD

Look at these threads:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/990

Go to TMPGEnc's Global Settings and go to VFAPI Plugins tab and see if the DVD2AVI Project File Reader is in the list.

If it is, increase its priority (click rmb over it). If it is NOT in the list, you need to make sure that you have dvd2avi.vfp file in your DVD2AVI directory (not in TMPGEnc's dir) and start DVD2AVI again (it registers the VFAPI plugin for d2v files) and restart TMPGEnc.

9. Esal

Esal Member

Where is this .vfp file? The only two files I got were the apllication and read me. Should I download a new one?

EDIT: never mind guys, I downloaded the one from the site and the .vfp file was included, im sure i can handle it from here. THANKS

Last edited: Apr 29, 2002