1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with TMPGEnc!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by corpuz23, Dec 27, 2004.

1. corpuz23

corpuz23 Member

hello, i was wondering if any1 here can help me wid my TMPGEnc problem i have. well i started using this program 2 weeks ago, and been encoding AVI files to mpg, and went great!!! now i encountered a problem, i wanted to encode an AVI file, and when done, there was no sound, no audio, cudnt hear anything. i also know that its not an AC3 codec, none of my files are. i tried again, made sure that thre was an audio source. i did everything. but still no change. i still cant hear the audio. i tried system restore but still didnt help, i then uninstalled and installed, still nothing changed. can some1 plsssssss help me solve this problem. TMPGEnc rocks, and i want to keep it that way!!!! thnx again. be very much appreciated!!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem can ba that some AVI have no sound (like the ones made by DVD2AVI; you can check this easily loading the AVI with Virtualdub and then doing File ___ Save WAV ... with Audio set on Direct Stream Copy so we're sure that if no sound exits there's no codec problem).
    If there's an audio track, try to load the AVI with WinMPG annd choose 'AVI to MPEG1'. The converted movie, after 10 conversions, will be ugly for unregistered users, but the audio can be used as 'audio input' by TMPGenc.

3. corpuz23

corpuz23 Member

k i saved the audio as WAV, and can hear the sound. i guess no problems wid dat. i'm pretty sure that there are no problems wid the codec as well coz i have other mpg files which i successfully converted using winavi and works fine, although in winavi the sounds are delayed, thats y i prefer TMPEGnc, better quality and sound. any other suggestions? thnx

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  5. bertcache

bertcache Member

i think u should go with
    Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD MPEG Converter Pro
    it converts adieo and video together after making it into dvd format