1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with virual dub

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by georgy239, May 7, 2004.

1. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

ok people, need some help here,
    i have a software compliance issue in that virtual dub will not work properly with windows xp, why you may ask?
    well,
    i have a 2 part movie that ive downloaded and when ive tried to use virtual dub to splice them together it changes the size of the film from 700mb to 8000mb,
    thus whilst my machine has about 55gb of spare foom for conversions etc, virtual dub fills up my hard drive , it then stops running the program because of lack of room on the h.d.
    any ideas?
    is there any other software that can be used for the same job that is comatible with xp?

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

hello,
    my bet is you're forgetting something. set the video to direct stream processing. you might have used uncompressed RGB, which is uncompressed and.....big. :p

and don't use avi 1.0

3. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

shrioh, just adjusted settings as you suggested and all is well,thanx, coupled with TMPGEnc and ifo edit, i have managed to successfully burn paycheck to dvd disc, following the afterdawn guide, its really easy, thanks all.
    georgyporgy.