1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with windows explorer

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by badass_s, Jun 14, 2007.

1. badass_s

badass_s Member

hello i kinda have a problem with my "windows" like my actual windows in WINDOWS

so here's the problem when i open up a window like for example i like to download fansub at fansub.tv and i keep them all in one folder when i go to that folder and open it i try to set the view option for that folder to "Details" but sometimes i come in and the folder has been defaulted to view in "Thumbnails" this is where the problem happens

When the thumbnails come in it tends to show a small default clipart of an ALshow film (I use alshow)before the clip art from the actual video appears. this is when tings go wrong my computer willstart to load each clipart for each video but then it will freeze and then a small window will come up and say that "Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" my computer will then freeze for a set time then it will reboot my desktop

now during the small freeze time ive opened Task manager and it has told me that the actual FOLDER process is " Not Responding"
    also this doesnt happen in just one folder it happens whenever i load thumbnail art be it alot or even just a few so i know it has something to do with that

any help you guys can offer would be awesome thanks

2. cwaters

cwaters Regular member

im having the exact same problem when i look at the photographs i have saved on the pc..... so defo would like some help too!!!!

3. GambitRox

GambitRox Member

Sounds like one or more of those files may be corrupt, leading to a crash when it attempts to generate a thumbnail.

Try this, leave the view on details, and move each file, one by one to a new folder. In this new folder, keep it in thumbnail view, and once you add a file that causes it to crash, you know this one is corrupt and can move or discard it.

Hope that isn't too hard to follow, I'm not very good at explaining ideas.

4. cwaters

cwaters Regular member

great i'll try that!!! ta mate!!